Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Identify Older Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

Hello,

I want to learn the version of Photo & Graphic Designer I have been using for the past few years.

My problem is that it was on my old PC. On my new PC I couldn't locate that version, so I bought the current version (19) from Magix. I do not like the way that version works (object handles), so I just want to toss it out and go back to the older version. Unfortunately, I don't know what version that was and the latest I could download from Magix is not it.

The version I want has a splash screen illustration of a young boy or girl...can't tell which. I have tried to find the image on Google and found only a partial.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-11-09_11-11-56.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	133000

From this information can you tell me what version I am searching for and where to go to download a copy?

Thanks ever so much for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
    tom

Default Re: Identify Older Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

you will need to activate the licence that you have paid for - so you will have an activation code/key/number - a download without this is not much use

best way then might be to contact xara/magix and ask them where you can download the copy of the software that your activation code is for
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, but I do understand all that and I do have the activation codes. I just can't seem to find the version that I had before. Believe it is from Magix though it might have been Xara before that split of companies and responsibilities which I still don't understand. I just need to find that version as described and then go to Magix/Xara and ask them for that version. Soooo, can you tell from my description of the splash (start) screen what version I am searching for?

sorry I was possibly not clear

if you contact xara/magix they should be able to tell what version it is from your activation code - I seefrom your previous posts that you were using/updating it in 2018, so it is not that old

sorry, the splash does not ring any bells with me
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Handrawn; appreciate your help. tom

hope you get it sorted - good luck

of course they may recognise the splash....
    Nothing lasts forever...

WD6 Re: Identify Older Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

If you watch https://youtu.be/kzNtYHM-mB4?t=37, we have a similar image. The video date might help.
    My guess is v15, Nov 2017

Name:	111b22d09fd964eda5fac623d97aa563.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	133002

http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...phic-designer/

There is a way to return to the old handles.

Log into https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/ then open the My Products link.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Thanks for your suggestion. Been there. Done that. But there is no option for v15. I realize the page shows only what I have purchased but I have done so way back to when the product was so aptly named Xara Xtreme. I have quizzed their support team but so far, no joy.

Also saw somewhere on the forum a registry hack. Again, no joy.

any other suggestions?

Acorn, I don't think v15 is the right one. The latest I saw on Magix for my products was PGD 365. Believe there is a version later but it doesn't show on their site.

this is my problem with v19. On the left are handle examples of v19. On the right from a prior version, v15. If I could get the handles to behave like the old version I wouldn't be looking for the version between v15 and v19.

Name:	pix.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	133003