Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Identify Older Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

Have you tried changing the way that the object handles work in the newer version of Xara that you have?

I use Xara's subscription version (which was called Designer Pro+ last time I looked, but don't ask me the version number - the names change more often than I have a haircut) and had to ask support how to get the handles back to how they used to work because I couldn't for the life in me get used to the new ones.

I go back to that email whenever there's an update that knocks out the change, or when I change PCs...

Close the program and use regedit to change
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremeProSub x64\18\Options\Selector Tool\ShowXCBoundsBlobs
    from 1 to 0. Then restart
    The bit that goes "\Xara\XtremeProSub x64\18" will be different for you... it's different even for me now, currently living at "\Xara\XtremeProSub x64\Sub"

..and then to see the old-style handles on photos too, in the Selector tool, turn on the 'show selection bounds' option:

Name:  unnamed (1).png
Views: 169
Size:  14.1 KB

...and finally you can right click on the Aspect ratio lock button in the Selector tool and on the popup menu that appears uncheck "Smart transform":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aspect.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	133009

I truly don't know if any or all of these things will work with your Magix version, but they are what make the most recent Xara version work for me "the way they always did"

@Daniel, a very good summary.

The RegEdit Branch and Value will be Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\19\Options\Selector Tool\ShowXCBoundsBlobs > Value data: 0.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Daniel and Acorn: WOW that worked!

I think I'm all set here....and waiting for Ebay delivery of the product I think I was looking for (oops).

I want to thank all who viewed and contributed to this post. It is wonderful to have such a great resource.

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!

tom

Quote Originally Posted by snapfade View Post
    Daniel and Acorn: WOW that worked!
    I think I'm all set here....and waiting for Ebay delivery of the product I think I was looking for (oops).
    I want to thank all who viewed and contributed to this post. It is wonderful to have such a great resource.
    THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!
    tom
    Tom, the fuller praise ought to go to @Daniel, he explained clearly what @handrawn and I tried to.

In passing Xara Pro+ has corrected a number of the v19 niggles with handle presentation and it is far the better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

yes good explanation

.and then to see the old-style handles on photos too, in the Selector tool, turn on the 'show selection bounds' option
    which is true in the selector tool - all of this tweak is in the selector tool

but to remove them in the photo tool and the quickshape tool I go back to version 11 [going back to version 15.1 for PDF page merge] -My post was not clear on that point, and i should have referenced the registry tweak

my only excuse was I was in a hurry

so thanks Daniel for taking the time to do that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...