Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3 2022

I have designer pro X 19 version is in the title. A few weeks ago I had a problem with the software and had to uninstall and reinstall which took care of the problem. I haven't had an occasion to use the line gallery for awhile so imagine my surprise when I opened the line gallery that had a bunch of folders in them with titles like lions, giraffes, tigers, etc. etc. etc. I went into the files to see if I could find these folders and delete them. I searched with a fine tooth comb and found nothing. They don't seem to hurt the operation of the software but they really do clog up the system whenever I try to open the files and have all these empty folders which I can't find anywhere on my system. I was hoping that someone had a suggestion on how to get rid of them without having to unistall and reinstall the software. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Manny

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3 2022

first off - you are sure these are in the line gallery ?

there should be a bunch of folders in the line gallery - these are your brushes - but I don't recognise the names you give... a few screen shots of what you see might help

uninstalling the software and reinstalling, without knowing what and where these folders are, may be a waste of time...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Manny, the first port of call is to run as Admin the once and cold boot.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn I've attached several of the folders and that only touches the amount of folders. They go from A to Z. I realize that they are actually design elements and can't figure out where they are. I am totally confused. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line gallery folders.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	132996 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line gallery folders 2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	132995. You will I hope be able to read the jpg; and that is only up to the Ds. There is still a long way to Z.

humm... I take it these 'animal' etc folders are not actually brushes...

if you go to [ignore and do not type any spaces in this address]:

C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\19\Templates\ENG\Bru shes

there should only be the xar files in this folder for brushes, and not folders for anything else or a link/shortcut to any other folders
    Nothing lasts forever...

I updated this morning and this is what I see in the Brush Gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brushes with destiny.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	132997  

I see what you mean. They indeed are not brushes so I deleted all of them and everything is back to normal; but while I still have your ear could you tell me how to buy additional brushes to add to my collection?

Thanks

when you start xara designer no brushes are loaded into memory, but as soon as you access a brush from the line gallery then all the brushes in that gallery are loaded, which can slow things down especially if you have added more to the gallery itself

the way I used to organise my favorite brushes was not to use the gallery, but have my own folder for custom brushes and open the brush xar file that I needed in the normal way - that makes the brush available for use with the advantage that, as long as you access it from the freehand tool info bar, and not the line gallery, then the gallery brushes are not loaded

also easier to manage than adding them to the default brush folder, for me anyway

I don't know about buying them, but I'm way out of the loop for this in xara now; there are archived brushes on TG here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...2-Xara-Brushes
    Nothing lasts forever...