Quote Originally Posted by palosanto View Post
Thank you everyone.
I really appreciate all the methods described.

However I was looking for something much simpler with the palettes:
I have a drawing done with certain colors which I don't usually give names (bad habit?). At the moment when I create a new Xara object I sample the color from an existing object with the eyedropper to match or I assign a new color.
I was hoping to have my colors that already used placed down in the default palette at the bottom of the screen which I rarely use because I mostly start from an existing design or a photo which obviously doesn't match the default palette.
If it's a photo, the solution posted above by Egg 2nd video is exactly what I want. Great.

However as I mentioned earlier, If my design is made only of Xara objects, I can't use this solution but, as you described earlier, I can go to the names palette and the "Used colors" group has them all there so that's great. I can pick them from there.
Can I add these used colors now to the bottom palette which is more convenient so that I don't have to have the names palette open? How?
Also, how can I get rid of the starting default bottom palette altogether which I never use, except for maybe shades of gray and have there only my colors?
Then If I create new colors, how can I put them in there as I go?

Sorry, maybe I'm too picky?
palosanto, to tune your Colour Bar, open the Colour gallery, right click on the Standard Palette and untick Show in Colour Line.
You can also then rearrange individual colours or palettes.

Untick all Colour Palettes.
Drop any picture onto your page and use Palette from Photo.
You will now have No colour and 5xTCs, 4 TC1 Shades and Text & Contrasting Text.

As you colour your shapes, use the Colour Editor colour picker for a TC or Text colour.
In Options > View > Colour, untick Delete unused colours.

Acorn