Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing a color globally and palettes

Hello,

It's been a while since I used Xara and I have two questions and I'd appreciate some help:

1.- How can I modify globally the color of all objects of certain color without having to select the objects? for example everything that is red I want it now pink ...
    2.- How do I customize the standard palette that is at the bottom of the screen or at least add my own colors for later use

Thank you!

Default Re: Changing a color globally and palettes

Hi Palosanto, welcome to TG

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

To create a colour pallete:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Palosanto, here is how I create palettes: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Theme-Colours.

For a Global Red change, open then Names gallery > Used Colours, pick Red.
    All Red objects are selected.
    Drag a Pink colour from the Colour Bar onto one of the selection.
    This covers the case when you do not have any Named Colours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. How do you do it for xara objects (polygons, text, lines etc) , not photos?

Thanks. How do you do it for xara objects (polygons, text, lines etc) , not photos?
    The Egg's first video.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The Egg's first video.
    Gary, not for selecting objects but to add the colors to the bottom palette similar to Egg's second video. "Palette from photo" doesn't work for xara objects ...
    I suppose I could make a bitmap of the design first and then make the palette with it? Is this the way? Thanks

palosanto, try creating a Palette from any image first.
    This will give you a starter of 5 named Theme colours with some Shades.

Open the Colour Editor and pick a Theme from the drop-down.
    Then use the Colour Editor > Colour picker and move and drop over the Shape colour.
    Do the same for the other Themes.

You can create any number of named Colours as you like by hand as well.

I already offered up a solution in Post#4 above.

Whatever approach, you can save off to an <anythng>colorscheme.xar and drop it onto any other design page or create a colour bar of blobs off-page with named Colours created and make this into a Template.
    The former is the most useful approach.

You could create you own palette file using:
    http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/xpal.html, as explained in:
    http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...k01/page_3.htm

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    palosanto, try creating a Palette from any image first.
    This will give you a starter of 5 named Theme colours with some Shades.

Open the Colour Editor and pick a Theme from the drop-down.
    Then use the Colour Editor > Colour picker and move and drop over the Shape colour.
    Do the same for the other Themes.

You can create any number of named Colours as you like by hand as well.

I already offered up a solution in Post#4 above.

Whatever approach, you can save off to an <anythng>colorscheme.xar and drop it onto any other design page or create a colour bar of blobs off-page with named Colours created and make this into a Template.
    The former is the most useful approach.

You could create you own palette file using:
    http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/xpal.html, as explained in:
    http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...k01/page_3.htm

Acorn
    Thank you everyone.
    I really appreciate all the methods described.

However I was looking for something much simpler with the palettes:
    I have a drawing done with certain colors which I don't usually give names (bad habit?). At the moment when I create a new Xara object I sample the color from an existing object with the eyedropper to match or I assign a new color.
    I was hoping to have my colors that already used placed down in the default palette at the bottom of the screen which I rarely use because I mostly start from an existing design or a photo which obviously doesn't match the default palette.
    If it's a photo, the solution posted above by Egg 2nd video is exactly what I want. Great.

However as I mentioned earlier, If my design is made only of Xara objects, I can't use this solution but, as you described earlier, I can go to the names palette and the "Used colors" group has them all there so that's great. I can pick them from there.
    Can I add these used colors now to the bottom palette which is more convenient so that I don't have to have the names palette open? How?
    Also, how can I get rid of the starting default bottom palette altogether which I never use, except for maybe shades of gray and have there only my colors?
    Then If I create new colors, how can I put them in there as I go?

Sorry, maybe I'm too picky?

Thanks everyone!