Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Upgrade offer Nov 7 2022

John, did you buy the upgrade and, if so, did it extend the update service with one year, starting in February 2023 (when your current update service ends)?

Boy,
    Not yet, but will do so tomorrow. We have until the tenth. We shall see.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I went ahead and took the deal. The one year update service is added to the existing expiration date, so in my case that's till the Spring of 2024.

Boy, I was a bit indistinct but browj2 is correct. Note that if you want to cancel the automatic XDP upgrade next year, you need to do it 8 weeks before it is due!

@Boy,
    Thanks for jumping in first. Did you receive an email with the coupon for M-Hosting?

@jaydear,
    As far as I know, there is no automatic XDP upgrade. You actually have to purchase the upgrade yourself which is really just extending the Update Service. The perpetual version of XDPX is not a subscription, you just get access to the OCC and updates/upgrades for a year under the Update Service.

Are you referring to Xara+ which is a subscription?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    @Boy,
    Thanks for jumping in first. Did you receive an email with the coupon for M-Hosting?
    Yes, the coupon for 12 months M-Hosting is included. However, the code is only valid until December 31st. But it's possible that once you enter the code the 1 year is added to the already existing period, similar to the update service period. I'm not using M-hosting so I can't check that for you. Perhaps contacting service might be useful.

This is what they emailed me:
    COUPON - Website M

This is the coupon code for your free account upgrade & domain:
    XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Coupon for 12 month free usage of the "Website M"
    web hosting package from Xara Online (value: €23.88).

Your benefits:
    - 2000 MB of web space with direct access from
    Xara Web Designer Premium / Xara Designer Pro X
    - 1 domain of your choice (https://www.yourname.com/.co.uk)

Register the "Website M" web hosting package from
    Xara Online now for free:
    https://rdir.magix.net/?page=5AUBCJFWT33J

Code valid until: December 31st, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    @jaydear,
    As far as I know, there is no automatic XDP upgrade. You actually have to purchase the upgrade yourself which is really just extending the Update Service. The perpetual version of XDPX is not a subscription, you just get access to the OCC and updates/upgrades for a year under the Update Service.

Are you referring to Xara+ which is a subscription?
    Either I read it in the voluminous info Magix have across their website/s or the docs they send when you make a purchase. Referring to Xara XDP19 365, not Xara+. It'll be interesting to see what transpires next year around this time

Magix doesn't automatically renew the update service and charge you. If you don't renew it yourself, the service is stopped on the expiration day.

If you are open to trying the new Plus editions, which are subscription based, then you can try them for free (no credit card required).
    https://www.xara.com/us/products/

You can try all the improvements, new features like tables, and more.

If you want to give it a try for a year, then there are special offers for existing product owners. Just drop us a note at https://www.xara.com/contact-us/

If you have an activate update service from Magix, then there is an opportunity to get time credit as well.

And if you don't want to continue after the initial year, then you can cancel and go back to your current version. Also we can set your Plus plan as non-renewing so it will not auto-renew after year 1.

We are happy to work with you.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Xara

Those are some interesting options. I prefer the permanent license, however, and hope that at one point Xara (and/or Magix) will offer both.