Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem-Parallax scroll animation on stretchy rectangle wit text on top

I'm using Designer Pro X v19. I have a photo on the page with no scroll animation. On top I have a rectangle, set to stretch full width, tile (I've tried scale center too). Then I have a text box on top of the rectangle aligned center. When I add parallax scroll animation to both the the rectangle and text at the same rate and preview, the text ends up under the rectangle instead of on top. I want the text and rectangle to move down the page at a slower rate than the photo together, with the rectangle streched across the page. Thanks.

Nancy

Default Re: Problem-Parallax scroll animation on stretchy rectangle wit text on top

Nancy, I cannot duplicate your problem.

My Page & Layer arrangement:
    Text Column or Area - Parallax 3s.
    Rectangle - Parallax 3s; Stretch Full Width, Tiled.

The Stretch goes under everything so the viewing order is Text > Image > Box.

Post a cutdown example design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Problem-Parallax scroll animation on stretchy rectangle wit text on top

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Nancy, I cannot duplicate your problem.

My Page & Layer arrangement:
    Text Column or Area - Parallax 3s.
    Rectangle - Parallax 3s; Stretch Full Width, Tiled.

The Stretch goes under everything so the viewing order is Text > Image > Box.

Post a cutdown example design file.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn. Example attached. If I convert the text to edtable shape, it previews correctly. If I remove the parallax animation from the text, it shows in the correct position when previewed, but of course doesn't move with the rectangle. I think you have Designer pro+, I just have Designer pro x v19-maybe fixed in +? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nancy, the difference in the text and box movement is down to their different heights.

In the Text Tool, change the Line spacing from 120% to 100%.
    With the Selector Tool, Alt+Drag the bottom centre control handle to match sizes.

Group both Text and Box.
    Stretch Full Width, Scale origin: Centre.

Extend the page height, Preview and check all lines up when you scroll the page.

Personally, I would remove all the Stretches and use Scale to Fit Width. Parallax and non-scolling shapes then all work together as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don't ask me to explain why this works, just believe in fairy dust.

Marquee select a text area and a rectangle. Group them (ctrl+G), then immediately ungroup them (ctrl+U). Repeat on the other 2.

No need to do anything else unless you want to neaten your project up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post

Marquee select a text area and a rectangle. Group them (ctrl+G), then immediately ungroup them (ctrl+U). Repeat on the other 2.

I have previously found there is a conflict when one applied a parallel scroll to a stretched object; I removed the stretch, grouped the text and rectangles and reapplied the parallax scroll; also adjusted the text and applied Scale-to-fit-Width as per Acorn's suggestion:

Parallax issue.xar

This seems to work for Pro X v19; maybe the conflict issue has been resolved in Pro +?
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Sadly Chris, this removes the Stretch and the Parallax.

Acorn

Ah yes. The stretch is fine and can be reapplied, but the parallax breaks it again. Apologies for not being thorough.

Apologies for not being thorough.
    No need, none of us can always be right.

Just really please you and @Initiostar contribute so often.

Acorn

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to get a feel for the parallax scroll animation. and things like this throw me off. This sites I do are set to scale to fit width. This is a practice page to try and figure out timing etc before trying to use it. I 'm not progressing very quickly, so I will probably require more of your expert assistance. Thanks again!