Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: FTP to subdomain not working

Chris, I made a new page, tried with FTPS and FTP just to Susannb.com and the same error message, can't login.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I'm grabbing at straws, but to eliminate something weird with that one project.
    Create a new, blank, web document and fill in the FTP details, then click Explore Web Space. Do you get the same error?

Sue, some providers use different password's for the website hosting and the cpanel. I suggest you contact your hosting and explain your problem to them. The problem doesn't lay with Xara as too many of us use it without problems
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Such a good suggestion and that's what I've done.
    We changed username and password, but that should not have been an issue. Before proceeding, I rebooted. All is working correctly now.
    Sigh...we have one more experiment to try to see if it had to do with the "username" but we don't think sol

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I have "susannb" working and I was able to do the subdoman now too! Yipeee

Hugs to you all for your effort to help a person in distress.....
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sue, some providers use different password's for the website hosting and the cpanel. I suggest you contact your hosting and explain your problem to them. The problem doesn't lay with Xara as too many of us use it without problems

Well done Sue
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Yes, I can log into the Cpanel. And yes, correct, did some edits to try to get the program to work.
    I am using the exact same username and password. Still get login failed.
    Sue, I'm pretty sure I have a handle on this (finally). I'll get back to you tomorrow after I publish to my addon domains.

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Sue, I'm pretty sure I have a handle on this (finally). I'll get back to you tomorrow after I publish to my addon domains.
    Good on you, Sue. I have avoided this issue for months as I could publish easily via FileZilla. My issues weren't exactly the same as yours, but I finally had the time to sort them out. All five websites now publish directly from Xara as intended, a much quicker method.