Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: FTP to subdomain not working

Thanks, Egg. But still not working to login. It says login failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sue the link you provied is correct:

https://susannb.com/customtumblers/

Sue, you mentioned you copied the Password. Copying can go wrong for logins if your copy adds a trailing Space. The safest way is to type both carefully.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, I've done both, hand done and copy and pasted.
    Just deleted the login and started over and it's still getting FTP error: Login denied. When it fails, comes back with another popup for the password, I put it in and again fails.
    My password has a capital, numbers and symbols...I know this should not matter, but something is not working.
    I appreciate all your suggestions and if you have more, I am happy to try to make this work.
    Need more screenshots? Let me know..

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, you mentioned you copied the Password. Copying can go wrong for logins if your copy adds a trailing Space. The safest way is to type both carefully.

Acorn

Silly question but worth pointing out:

You basically have two sites for customtumblers,

the main one (http://susannb.com/customtumblers/)

and one for your shop (https://www.customtumblers.us/shop/)

Are you sure your not getting the url, username & password for these two seperate sites mixed up?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thanks for asking. I am in the process of moving all my crafting websites onto this one susannb.com website.
    I stuck the files into the folder but have not checked all other links and that "shop" link is made with a different program, so still housed on the customtumblers.us site. And no, I am not confusing the username and password. But what I can tell you is I went and made a 1-page webpage for the "home" index page and it's not working to upload to susannb.com but the Cpanel and Dreamweaver work fine with the same username and password, so it's WebDesigner password or one of those settings I'm not doing right.

I'd like to change the password but Cpanel control how complex it can be and so I'm not sure how to fix this..
    Sue

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Silly question but worth pointing out:

You basically have two sites for customtumblers,

the main one (http://susannb.com/customtumblers/)

and one for your shop (https://www.customtumblers.us/shop/)

Are you sure your not getting the url, username & password for these two seperate sites mixed up?

I've changed the password, and even with that done, I can't even upload without the same login error to susannb.com directly and not under the subdomain.
    Works fine to use cpanel with username and password and also in dreamweaver, just not web designer...
    What else can it be?
    Sue
    Last edited by SueB; 06 November 2022 at 01:27 AM.

I'm grabbing at straws, but to eliminate something weird with that one project.
    Create a new, blank, web document and fill in the FTP details, then click Explore Web Space. Do you get the same error?

Sue, if root/public_html is your susannb.com domain then the required sub-folder is just customtumblers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sue did you change the transfer to FTPS as suggested by Chis M in this post
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Acorn. I went back to just trying to upload a first page from Web Designer to susannb.com and it gives me the same error.
    Chris asked me to create a new page and try using the explore web space and again, tried what he suggested and the same error.
    This is so frustrating that it should work...
    And Acorn, appreciate the correct information, and if I can get a homepage up with ftp to the public_html, then I will move forward with your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, if root/public_html is your susannb.com domain then the required sub-folder is just customtumblers.

Acorn