Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gary P recently updated his FB profile pic

Which I thought was fantastic so I've been trying to replicate it. Mine is different as the spiral doesn't decrease in size as it shrinks in and I've also cocked up the 24 hour numerals. It was fun to do. Reminded me of many years ago following Gary's XaraXone tutorials:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garys-clock.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	132953  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Gary P recently updated his FB profile pic

Heh heh, Love it, Egg.

Facebook has kicked me out of my administration position on our eyeTricks page. I have no idea why, and good luck trying to get any kind of answer from that outfit. So I now have to respond to comments as Gary Priester and not as eyeTricks. And since I try to keep politics out of our page, I had to ditch my Ukraine support profile pic for someone less controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Which I thought was fantastic so I've been trying to replicate it. Mine is different as the spiral doesn't decrease in size as it shrinks in and I've also cocked up the 24 hour numerals. It was fun to do. Reminded me of many years ago following Gary's XaraXone tutorials:
    Egg, I had a go a time back that you might recall: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...733#post638733.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Forgot about that post Acorn. The spiral still has problems. First and formost you can't reverse the spirals direction:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, as you have used a Scatter Brush, Edit Brush > Rotation > Brush angle: 180deg and you reverse the direction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirals.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	132957

If you use an Art Brush or built-in stoke you have to crack open the spiral.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure if this is what you mean Egg, but if you convert the spiral to curves, then use the Shape Tool and Reverse Paths.

I use this all the time when working with the Art Brush.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure if this is what you mean Egg, but if you convert the spiral to curves, then use the Shape Tool and Reverse Paths.
    I use this all the time when working with the Art Brush.
    Gary, Egg applied this way in his video.

Acorn

@Egg, you can Fit Blend to Curve, which is a quick way to get a smooth scaling inwards:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara - Spirals with Blends.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	293.2 KB 
ID:	132961

The action unfortunately changes the Spiral to a Line but at least you can Reverse Path.

Acorn

Hi Guys,

Egg, as you have used a Scatter Brush, Edit Brush > Rotation > Brush angle: 180deg and you reverse the direction.
    No I'm using an art brush. To maintain a spiral as a spiral I need to create the brush back to front. See attached xar.

I'm aware there are other means of acheiving the results but I hold the spiral tool shoud allow for reversing the path whilst remaining a spiral.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Great effects, love it.