Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down XPro+ - Fancy Buttons

Dear Xara...

... I am not enamoured to the new approach to roll-over Buttons: they cannot be used for Xara sub-menu NavBars, which I try to avoid; you cannot build your own from scratch; they are hard to change.
    I have to point out that the Fancy Buttons add to this amazing mess: each one is a XAR file of around 350kB. Normal Buttons rarely pass 25kB.
    All you have done is add differing Brushes and Strokes to a basic button shape.

In Web Designer Premium, you cannot create new Brushes but there are over a score of installed ones.

Where are the tutorials on how to modify components such as Buttons?
    Change Line Colour of a Fancy Brush might be a good start.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XPro+ - Fancy Buttons

To show that I am not totally against the new direction, here is an example using some (Fancy) Buttons, with a small tweak that changes the dynamic.

https://shared.xara.com/Xa0negwrWA

Design file: CSS Filter - Miracle on 42nd Street.xar

Fun as these may be, you should be aiming for SVG over images, something your current approach fails on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat