Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where did that toolbar go

I am using Video Deluxe Plus version 20.0.1.73. Have been using Video Deluxe for more than 2 decades, but don't use it often enough to have 1) mastered all the features or 2) remember where everything is. I upgraded a few months ago, and have not really needed to do any video editing since the upgrade. My current problem is 3-fold.
    First I spent 10 minutes looking for a Xara Video Deluxe forum and could not find it. I am pretty sure I have posted there before, but it is unfindable. Thanks Magix.
    Second, I need to zoom a section of video in to the upper 3rd or so of the screen. I know how to do this... I thought. However, nothing I try works the way it used to. I am translating menu's from the Dutch. So I chose "to cut-out", size the box inside the viewer, press "over 2 seconds", but it zooms over the entire length of the video fragment". Nothin I try makes it zoom over a 2 second period. Clicking on User defined does nothing, where I'd think that would bring up some kind of box with settings that the User can define.
    Thirdly. When I used to make a video fragment zoom, a bar used to appear above the tracks with "dots" on a sort-of time line. This allowed me to move the end (or beginning) of the zoom (or whatever) from the end (or beginning) of the video fragment to within however many seconds or minutes I wanted to actually see the zoomeffect until it stabilezed at whatever "image size" I wanted. This bar is gone (presumable since the upgrade). I don't know what this bar is called, it was simply always there when I needed to adjust my zoom, and now I can't find it in a menu to turn it on. Of course, I checked every menu and read every menu item, tried a few, but nothing brings that bar back. So now what? I admit that I did not check out Help, since I assumed that it would be unhelpful (as usual) and would only explain to me how to use zoom, how to use said bar, but not how to turn it on. I could be wrong, but that is my experience. I decided to use the time I'd waste on reading an unhelpful Help file, by going to the Video Deluxe Forum (which I then couldn't find).

I ended up cutting the video track at 20 seconds, and applied the Zoom over the full length option to that 20 second fragment. That worked, but then I had to resize the following fragment to the exact same dimensions and location where the zoomed fragment left it. I have no idea how to find out exactly what numbers I need to fill in to accomplish a perfect match, so I got as close as I could (in a reasonable amount of time) and just accepted the imperfection at the "joint". This CAN'T be the way this is supposed to be done, but my handy little bar has disappeared with no indication how to get it back.

David Boyd

Default Re: Where did that toolbar go

David, Video Deluxe Plus is a Magix product.

Did you get it as a filler when you updated a Xara product?
    Xara would therefore never have any related Forum.
    Steam has a 2020 forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1126560/discussions/.

It is nothing to do with Xara but I am sure some TGer will have an idea.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    David, Video Deluxe Plus is a Magix product.

Did you get it as a filler when you updated a Xara product?
    Xara would therefore never have any related Forum.
    Steam has a 2020 forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1126560/discussions/.

It is nothing to do with Xara but I am sure some TGer will have an idea.

Acorn
    I purchased Magix Video Deluxe decades ago shortly after I purchased Magix P&GD. I have updated them both, usually as new versions became available.
    I am not sure what you mean by "did you get it as a filler when you updated a Xara product?" But probably not. It is one of the program's in Magix line of products. The program clearly states in the upper left corner of the Title Bar: "Magix". As said, I searched with Google and on the Magix home page for a Video Deluxe Forum, but could not find it.

I will try posting my question on Steam. Thanks for giving me the link.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "did you get it as a filler when you updated a Xara product?"
    When updating a Xara graphics product, Magix has the habit of including one or more of its own "unwanted" products to increase the cost to the purchaser so that they are conned into paying for future upgrades. All fine if the products offered are of use to the purchaser (usually not though). Magix offered MVD 2019 in such an offer, hence my application of the word 'filler'. The only product so bundled that was of any widespread graphic use has been XBuilder. Sadly all I got was ASEOPS 11 that I have used all of once!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well now. That's unfortunate. Steam requires me to spend or deposit at least $5 in order to ask questions. So I didn't do that.
    I know I have posted somewhere on a Magix forum over the years about problems I encountered with Video Deluxe. Perhaps someone can direct me to where that forum might be, because I cannot find it (any longer)?

David

I typed magix forum into a search engine, and it returned this page MAGIX Forum - Your place for news, discussing topics or getting help with MAGIX software

It looks like it may be what you're looking for.

Thanks Chris,

I was dumb enough to search for Magix Video Deluxe and that yielded no results by way of a forum. Nor did going directly to the Magix support forum.

Thanks for the hint. I think I have found it now.

David

Video Deluxe Plus version 20.0.1.73
    I don't recognise this from Magix current catalog - do you have a product page; is it what magix now call Video Pro X ?

if you logon to your magix account you should be able to download a manual; reading this may take some time, but so will chasing round the web....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

cross posted...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This is what I encountered: no info on Video Deluxe (let alone "Plus") on the Magix website, so no way to find the forum. My version has a Splash screen lists it as "2021". When it opens, I get an offer for version 2023. So the program is definitely still in Magix' offering, but seems to be unfindable when one goes directly to the site or wants the user forum.
    As stated, reading a manual to find out how to turn on a toolbar that used to always appear, that no is "missing" is probably not going to work. I don't have a very great opinion of Magix manuals or help files. I knew I had posted on the Video editing software's forum before and got an answer pretty quickly. Who knew it was going to be this difficult. At this point the video project had been finished, rendered and uploaded, with an "iffy" transition from the zoomed section to the rest of the video at that size and position. Offends my perfectionism, but I'll live.

In the mean time, I have finally found the forum, and posted my question there.

David
    Last edited by DBoydNL; 05 October 2022 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo's