Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sticky menu which appears from position (anchor) only

Hello to all,

Yesterday I searched among my 10K Xara-files (since early 2009) and didn't find what I was looking for :-( This is frustrating, especially since I know exactly I had something like this as a template once. Here from the forum or from one of the old private Xara pages with tips.

I am looking for the solution to make a sticky menu appear from a certain point (anchor) of the page. The structure of the page I would like to design so that the "normal" menu ("transparent" over a hero image, scrolls) appears at the top. After the hero area a white menu bar with the sticky menu should appear.

Can someone please help me how this can be implemented or maybe has such a raw template?

Thanks for any tip.

Kind regard,
    TomTom

Default Re: Sticky menu which appears from position (anchor) only

TomTom, I think what you are trying to descibe is solved by making your menu Sticky.
    Then further down the page, create a blob or use some exisiting shape or text that will become a trigger.
    I named my trigger 'blob'.

Then back at the menu, add a Reveal Animation with Trigger object name 'blob' and use a Fade In or other effect.

When you scroll the page down and the blob is reached, the Fade in for the sticky menu fires.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    TomTom, I think what you are trying to descibe is solved by making your menu Sticky.
    Then further down the page, create a blob or use some exisiting shape or text that will become a trigger.
    I named my trigger 'blob'.

Then back at the menu, add a Reveal Animation with Trigger object name 'blob' and use a Fade In or other effect.

When you scroll the page down and the blob is reached, the Fade in for the sticky menu fires.

Acorn
    Hello,

thanks, I did try this but it did not give desired result. May bee we also think about something different (?) So I did make this simple "demo" to explain more detailed for what I#m looking for. The "upper" menue should stay on top and scroll with the hero. As soon the trigger is reached the menue band (later white, here grey for more contrast) should appear (as layer?) and keep sticky on top while scrolling down. But, however the question ist what will happen whil scrolling up and reach again trigger (blob)? Will ith then disapear?

TomTom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menue sticky.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	132925

I have 2 more "appearances" for which I do not want to open a new post therefore I put them here with:

1) Often when I insert a symbol or select something to copy there are these endless checkboxes (little rectangles) that often make the entire object unrecognizable. Especially when it is small. In my opinion this was not the case before. Is this some new "feature" (curves?). If you group the object, mark it again, it is gone. In the example here just a smiley with Font Awesome was inserted which created this.

2) Blurred fonts with frayed edges: As seen here with "Lato". If you group the font area and export it as an image, it is clean and sharp. As a pure font what happens is what you can see. But not for everyone. Is this caused by the new way of providing fonts which has changed compared to before?

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	132926

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	132927

Name:	font not sharp.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	132928

Name:	lato vs open sans.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	132929

TomTom, when the trigger image is not visible in the browser, the pop-up sticky menu will be hidden.
    A trigger shape can be any height and transparent so you can control exactly when it activates.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Untick the Show object edit handles, the first icon on the Infobar.
    Do not Group.

I do not get this for any of my Fonts.
    It might be your graphics card or browser settings.
    It is probably that you need to Run as Administrator to tidy away stale libraries.
    Regardless, Do not Group. Font as images are not sharp at scale and will have lost any anti-aliasing applied.

Grouping can be a disaster.

Acorn

Hello Acorn,

Thanks a lot! In the end, I managed it very satisfactorily. At first my problem was that it was faded out at the trigger instead of faded in. But then I realized that you can simply place it with a white menu bar on (above) the actual menu because it is not displayed in the "normal state". Also the problem was that the menu bar was hidden again after leaving the screen area of the "trigger". I solved this by drawing a very narrow transparent bar along the whole length of the page. With what the bar remains over the entire scroll area and one can very already determine the starting point of the "fade in". I have also tested this on various PCs with various resolutions which worked perfectly. I still have to look opb I get it mobile also on various OS / resolutions well otherwise I leave it out on mobile. In any case I will then only make a "sticky" bar with the "burger menu" icon and logo only and the rest menu as a popup.

Thanks also for the thing with the edit handles, I use that almost never therefore I did not notice that I had activated it at some point.

And yes, the other thing must be related to my OS/PC (Win 8.1). I have tried optimized the ClearType settings which brought nothing. But the rendered fonts on page are ok (on other PCs or mobile). Here I have had the problem for a long time that there were also problems with the "insert symbol" function. Every time the dialog box asks for supposedly (!) new Fontawesome font to be installed. If I install this comes the next time again the question. I had contacted Xara support several times, also because before only half of the symbols were displayed. These were only visible after 50% of the stock, before that everything was blank/white. You could search for them, also insert when he found your search, but you could not see them in the list or search result. No solution was found at that time despite several things we tried. The last but one update fixed this with the visibility. The question of a new symbol font remained, even when I tried to start as administrator (based on your recommendation).

TomTom