Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What the hell is going on?

Hi what is going on with Xara? Today I receive a notice that my update is due despite my paying my 365 update in September I am receiving notices to say it is due for £x up to 31st Oct. When I go into the programme and click for recent files I get some recent and also files I worked on well over a year ago mixed up. If I click to check for updates I get the advert for xara designer pro x19 '$89 not a no updates available etc etc.
    Sorry, am I incorrect in assuming that my 365 subscription comes with all of the upgrades and improvements?
    Is this a problem from Magix or an attempt to drive people away from Xara designer to +++

Ken

Default Re: What the hell is going on?

Ken,

I am not seeing what you are getting. I get the no updates available message when I check.
    Did you log on to your Magix account and see what it lists as the end of service for you?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi what is going on with Xara? Today I receive a notice that my update is due despite my paying my 365 update in September I am receiving notices to say it is due for £x up to 31st Oct. When I go into the programme and click for recent files I get some recent and also files I worked on well over a year ago mixed up. If I click to check for updates I get the advert for xara designer pro x19 '$89 not a no updates available etc etc.
    Sorry, am I incorrect in assuming that my 365 subscription comes with all of the upgrades and improvements?
    Is this a problem from Magix or an attempt to drive people away from Xara designer to +++

Ken
    Ken, the following are observations that might help you through this.

The notices are nothing to do with your bought cover!

If were using v18 and paid for an update for v19, if you are still using the v18 then Magix will nag you as it does not realise you have v19.
    v19 is a separate install to v18. You can keep and run both under the same licence on the same machine, just the v18 will nag.
    I have an expired XDPXv18 and I get an Extend now pop-up for v18, which turns into a v19 offer.

If you try to install v19 on a second machine, Magix magically knows you the number of activations under that licence.

I too get a nag for XDPX19 even when I open a old XWDPv15 (for $89.99 up to 31 Oct).
    This is pushy marketing.
    If I click the link I get a 404 page.
    If you fight through for a US listing, the listing for an Update for XWDP is $39.99 and XDPX is $89.99, however, you don't have XDPX.

All confusing until you realise it is very poor marketing that is probably confusing the Magix people.
    It is not a plot to get to to go Plus.
    I went Plus very early on before there were the cheaper subscription versions.
    I will not go back to Magix other than having a current licence to cover support for TG's Magix users.

Junk the hype and focus on your renewal purchase.
    Follow Ray's advise and check your cover.
    In you installation folder is an install.cfg file that you can open in Notepad; check the InstallDate. This may help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Guys, apologies for delay in thanking for response.Gets a bit much when you see more of ones doctor than ones wife!!
    Was about to get stuck in when we had a mini power cut and when the power came back on the programme rebooted and all the weird happenings disappeared and also I am not getting prompts to upgrade- Must be Magix

So thanks again and someone at Magix needs a bottom smacking rather than a pay rise as many people must be totally confused as to who supplies what to whom- I know I am but hey I'm old.

Ken

could be your power was flakey before it actually cut out; that might have upset the program's memory/drive footprint
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...