Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PayPal Buy Now button problem

I'm trying to update a Paypal Buy Now button but when the window opens it says I need to update WDP19. Except I'm up-to-date with the latest version. (Subscribed to May 2023). I've attached a screenshot to show the popup window message. I get the same thing if I try to insert a new Buy Now button from the content catalogue. However, it appears I can insert the Add To Cart button (the dialog box appears as expected). I'm wondering if this is a problem with the Paypal button in the catalogue, or am I missing something? The current Paypal button on my site is working fine. I'm simply trying to alter the code to remove a couple of product options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebDesignerPremium19_Screenshot_2022-10-20.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	132910

Default Re: PayPal Buy Now button problem

Quote Originally Posted by Basiq View Post
    I'm trying to update a Paypal Buy Now button but when the window opens it says I need to update WDP19. Except I'm up-to-date with the latest version. (Subscribed to May 2023). I've attached a screenshot to show the popup window message. I get the same thing if I try to insert a new Buy Now button from the content catalogue. However, it appears I can insert the Add To Cart button (the dialog box appears as expected). I'm wondering if this is a problem with the Paypal button in the catalogue, or am I missing something? The current Paypal button on my site is working fine. I'm simply trying to alter the code to remove a couple of product options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebDesignerPremium19_Screenshot_2022-10-20.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	132910
    Hi, Xara has updated the technology for the widget controls from IE to Edge. Read more here in the release notes.

This is available in the Desktop Plus editions of the product, currently v22.2 (another release is on track in the next few weeks, maybe even next week).

https://www.xara.com/designerpro-plus/
    https://www.xara.com/webdesigner-plus/
    https://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-plus/

If you have further questions and want more details about migrating to the Plus products, then drop us a chat or email https://www.xara.com/contact-us/

@Basiq, Matt has not really explained the reason for your failure.

Most organisations no longer support Internet Explorer (IE) as a safe, secure or compliant browser.
    The early versions of Xara Desktop relied on an internal installation of IE for Preview, Help, the Online Content Catalogue and third-party Widget access.

An IE Preview also could not handle some Xara presentations so it needed replacing.
    Steps have been made such that current systems Preview in your default browser.
    Xara Pro+v21.9 went further and replaced the internal IE with MS Edge WebView2 Runtime such that third-party Widgets no longer complain.

You could try out the trial Xara Plus product closest to your XWDPv19.
    In the absence of you jumping to a Xara Plus product, the only recourse would be to access and change your PayPal buttons directly through PayPal.
    If you chose to change to Xara Plus, I am sure Matt/Xara will discount your current Magix cover.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

@Basiq, Matt has not really explained the reason for your failure.

Most organisations no longer support Internet Explorer (IE) as a safe, secure or compliant browser.
    The early versions of Xara Desktop relied on an internal installation of IE for Preview, Help, the Online Content Catalogue and third-party Widget access.

An IE Preview also could not handle some Xara presentations so it needed replacing.
    Steps have been made such that current systems Preview in your default browser.
    Xara Pro+v21.9 went further and replaced the internal IE with MS Edge WebView2 Runtime such that third-party Widgets no longer complain.

You could try out the trial Xara Plus product closest to your XWDPv19.
    In the absence of you jumping to a Xara Plus product, the only recourse would be to access and change your PayPal buttons directly through PayPal.
    If you chose to change to Xara Plus, I am sure Matt/Xara will discount your current Magix cover.

Acorn
    @Acorn and @MB365 (Matt), I thank you both for your replies. In fact, I've now added a rectangle shape into the page as a placeholder and, in Web Properties, have inserted the existing Paypal formcode html into the <body> section of the page, having first altered the <options> as required. I'm pleased to say this has worked.

Given this, I'm not sure whether I would upgrade to XWDP+ just yet although I have gone ahead and downloaded the 14-day trial version and will see how it compares.

@Basiq, I am glad you have managed to alter your buttons' code directly.
    It is an option that most find daunting so I didn't mention it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Basiq, I am glad you have managed to alter your buttons' code directly.
    It is an option that most find daunting so I didn't mention it.

Acorn
    @Acorn, understood and thanks again.

Basiq

I too would like more information and maybe some instructions on how to do this as I have Web Designer Premium 19, that I just paid for in May, and really don't feel like I should now have to get WD+ with a subscription.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    I too would like more information and maybe some instructions on how to do this as I have Web Designer Premium 19, that I just paid for in May, and really don't feel like I should now have to get WD+ with a subscription.
    Workaround to insert PayPal Buy Now button/code.

Assuming you have the Paypal formcode (i.e. <form action= ....etc)

Create a rectangle shape in your page (can be any size). Right click the rectangle and in the menu select 'Web Properties'. Select 'Placeholder'. In the 'Replace with HTML code' option, click the 'HTML code (body)' button. Paste your Paypal formcode html into the popup box and click OK. Back in the Web Properties dialog box check 'Re-generate placeholder image automatically'. Click Apply or OK.

The Paypal button should now show on your page as a widget.

Note: you can edit the form code directly if you need to change price or other options. Just click the Paypal button widget. Click edit.
    Alternatively, go to Paypal to create a new formcode.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    doane, answered in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...764#post651764.

Acorn