Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need To Register/Activate Old Xara Xtreme

Hi all.

I purchased Xara Xtreme years ago and have a copy on CD. I need to register it again but unfortunately all I get is a splash screen with a register link which takes me to the website with nothing for Xtreme available as it's very old. To make matters worse I no longer have the same email address (and I no longer own the domain it was on so can't get it back, though I still have all the email archived). I used to be a member of this forum but I can't remember the password (and only getting 5 tries isn't enough, sadly).

Is there anything I can do to get Xara Xtreme working again?

*edit* and I just realised it looks like I put this in the wrong section, for which I apologise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-10-16.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	132899  

Default Re: Need To Register/Activate Old Xara Xtreme

the splash says click here to purchase and unlock - if you have already purchased you should use the serial number that was supplied with the CD; unfortunately this was sometimes on a sticker that was on the cellophane wrap and so was often lost - are you saying you have tried this serial and it does not work, or that you have not kept the number ?

assuming you are running windows 10, I would say you would need to install that program in compatability mode for XP, and also as administrator, and run it once as administrator once installed

but if you do not have the serial number, or it has stopped working then only the company can help you, and they may well need proof of purchase...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The problem is it just takes me to the current Xara website. I think I had an account but now everything appears to have transferred to Magix and I don't have a login there.

did it ask you to enter the serial number [key, activation code, whatever it was then called] that came with the CD ? - during installation or first use ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hmm, good point. I installed it again to do something very quick a few weeks ago and now it's timed out and.. I can't remember how I installed it. Duh. I'll dig out the original CD and try again.

it may have installed in trial mode and that has now expired - four weeks i think - so certainly worth looking at again
    Nothing lasts forever...

@spoonman2

Hi,

If you have any registered Magix products, then you have an account with Magix. Do you have any other Magix products?

If so, then you will have registered and activated the program with Magix using your email address as the username. You can always try to log in to your account at Magix.com using the email address that you might have used, and indicate that you have forgotten your password. Assuming that that email address is still valid, you'll get a reply. If that email has never been registered, you will be so advised.

If you get in to your account with Magix, look under My Products.

Do not register with Magix twice. Do not register with Magix thinking that your product will show up under a new account - it won't, obviously (a guy on the Magix.info forum did this recently using a few email addresses). So, you can't register a new account with an email address (username) that already exists with Magix.

Of course, this may not help you, but you can always try.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Did you get this sorted?