Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default An Object Alignment Issue

Hi Everybody,

I've made a mistake in arranging for several buttons on my project. The buttons are all properly placed on the mouseOVER and mouseOFF layers.
    The buttons on each layer are individual-group objects, and each mouseOFF and MouseOVER button is married as a soft-group. Each soft-group is
    then stiky'd, and repeated on all pages.

The issue I have is if I select the soft-groups, and Object Align by Horizontal Position: Distribute equi-spaced and Vertical Positions: Align Bottom
    I'll get this strange result. The alignments are off? Like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buttons.gif 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	132883

Where am I likely going wrong?
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-
    If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't have to be so persistent.

Default Re: An Object Alignment Issue

Paul, sanest way to be sure is to keep the MouseOver layer visible at the same time then all shapes are selected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn

Sadly, both the mouseOVER and mouseOFF layers are visible, so I still don't have any idea what might be different in the various objects.

I do notice something unusual though.
    If I select any one of the buttons by clicking on the object from the Document Work Area, it highlights but the object selected is NOT highlighted in the Layer gallery.
    If I select the same button from the Layer Gallery, it will highlight on both the Document Work Area and the Layer Gallery.
    Is that normal behaviour?
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-

Paul, if you click on a button on the design page ("Document Work Area") and it is not highlighting in Layer gallery then you need to set the Locate button to be on.

You will find that one of the buttons grouping is not the same as the others as its MouseOver partner or you are not actually selecting all the objects together.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks again Acorn. Once again you've shown me a new dimension to this software.
    As of now, I have a vague idea of what that "Locate" button in the Object Alignment group is "for".
    I've scoured the both the PDF manual and the Xara-Microsoft "Help" provided within the WDP-19, but find
    very little reference to what result to expect with Locate
    button set "On" or "Off".
    In any event, all of the buttons on the mouseOFF and mouseOVER layers have the Locate button enabled,
    but the various objects do not align cleanly.
    I'll figure this out
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-