Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Auto Play Photo Gallery Slideshow

Hello,

I am on Windows 10 Pro, With Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291

In 2019, Acorn shared the following with me in this forum.

Susan, I can again offer my approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...804#post513804. It can be varied to suit the number of thumbs across you need.

Acorn

Is there a way to Auto Play this photo gallery? Attached is screen cap of settings, but gallery does not Auto Play.

This customer likes gallery with titles, and now wants to add Auto Play.

https://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setings.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	132849

I'm open to other templates, work arounds or ideas. As always, I appreciate the community efforts in this forum.

Default Re: Auto Play Photo Gallery Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Hello,

I am on Windows 10 Pro, With Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291

In 2019, Acorn shared the following with me in this forum.
    Susan, I can again offer my approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...804#post513804. It can be varied to suit the number of thumbs across you need.

Acorn

Is there a way to Auto Play this photo gallery? Attached is screen cap of settings, but gallery does not Auto Play.

This customer likes gallery with titles, and now wants to add Auto Play.

https://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setings.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	132849

I'm open to other templates, work arounds or ideas. As always, I appreciate the community efforts in this forum.
    Sue, my original (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...804#post513804) autoplay after a click into any thumbnail. It also is using the same settings as you are showing.

You should create a sample page of about 10 thumbs and check it works for that.
    It is possible you have other rogue code that is interfering with the autostart. This should help determine if this is the case.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, my original (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...804#post513804) autoplay after a click into any thumbnail. It also is using the same settings as you are showing.

You should create a sample page of about 10 thumbs and check it works for that.
    It is possible you have other rogue code that is interfering with the autostart. This should help determine if this is the case.

Acorn
    Acorn,

When I previewed your example page it did not autostart, even though it appears in settings it's set to do so.

I'll create a sample page and check if that works. I appreciate your kind feedback. Sometimes I miss something and your direction helps.

Sue

Acorn,
    When I previewed your example page it did not autostart, even though it appears in settings it's set to do so.
    I'll create a sample page and check if that works. I appreciate your kind feedback. Sometimes I miss something and your direction helps.
    Sue
    Sue, are you Previewing in the old Xara IE window or a real browser?
    Also it autoplays after you open one of the pop-ups.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sue, are you Previewing in the old Xara IE window or a real browser?
    Also it autoplays after you open one of the pop-ups.

Acorn
    Acorn, clicking Preview and it opens Google Chrome and I do see yours autoplays after I open pop-up. And, so does the website I'm working on. Thank you for being patient and kind.

So, is there a way to autostart without clicking popup?

Thank you,

Sue

Acorn, clicking Preview and it opens Google Chrome and I do see yours autoplays after I open pop-up. And, so does the website I'm working on. Thank you for being patient and kind.
    So, is there a way to autostart without clicking popup?
    Thank you, Sue
    Sue, think it through. The current autostart is driven by a click on a Thumb; this is the whole design approach behind Highslide JS.
    It can be any Thumb and the carousel starts from the clicked Thumb.

To do this on page load, you would have to set up code on one of the Thumbs to make it fire directly.
    Should it always be the same one?

If you take my example, I decided to auto-open on the roses.

In the design, Ctrl-click on the roses image, picking that.
    Give that the Name (anchor): roses.
    Add the following JavaScript to the Page Body:
    Code:
    <script>
    window.onload = function(){
      document.getElementById('roses').click();
    }
    </script>
    A random pick may be possible.

Beyond that, I would be speculating.

Acorn

Sue, think it through. The current autostart is driven by a click on a Thumb; this is the whole design approach behind Highslide JS.
    It can be any Thumb and the carousel starts from the clicked Thumb.

To do this on page load, you would have to set up code on one of the Thumbs to make it fire directly.
    Should it always be the same one?

If you take my example, I decided to auto-open on the roses.

In the design, Ctrl-click on the roses image, picking that.
    Give that the Name (anchor): roses.
    Add the following JavaScript to the Page Body:
    Code:
    <script>
    window.onload = function(){
      document.getElementById('roses').click();
    }
    </script>
    A random pick may be possible.

Beyond that, I would be speculating.

Acorn
    Acorn,

Ah, of course! Wow, thank you so much!

I will give this a try tomorrow.

Are you self taught? Do you suggest particular learning tutorials?

Years ago I started with Dreamweaver and did some tutorials but no formal training. The time spent helped me learn some coding, and helps still with XDP.

A long time Xara user now and want to learn more.

Many thanks,

Sue

Acorn,

Ah, of course! Wow, thank you so much!
    I will give this a try tomorrow.

Are you self taught? Do you suggest particular learning tutorials?
    Years ago I started with Dreamweaver and did some tutorials but no formal training. The time spent helped me learn some coding, and helps still with XDP.
    A long time Xara user now and want to learn more.

Many thanks, Sue
    Sue, I have been computing for 50 years and possibly 60 if you allow i built a computer from a phone dial and relays at the age of 8.

I have coded in most languages and I have taught some too.
    Self-taught is hard to define as I learn from courses i have been on and add to that knowledge.

If you work at https://my-learning.w3schools.com, most of it is transferrable into an XDA design.

Acorn

Sue, I have been computing for 50 years and possibly 60 if you allow i built a computer from a phone dial and relays at the age of 8.

I have coded in most languages and I have taught some too.
    Self-taught is hard to define as I learn from courses i have been on and add to that knowledge.

If you work at https://my-learning.w3schools.com, most of it is transferrable into an XDA design.

Acorn
    Acorn,

Today I was able to get the code you shared working for my project. Many thanks.

I appreciate the info and link for courses you've found helpful. You have a lot of years of experience.

Sue