Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smart Photo Grids and Click to make bigger (popup)

I'm using a smart photo grid on a gallery page and it pretty neat and easy to do.
    However I'm struggling with pop-up photo, do these smart galleries even allow that because if I select that option it doesn't stick.

right click within the grid > web properties > link > Select pop-up photo > apply (after changing the settings)
    As soon as I hit apply everything is de-selcted and nothing sticks.

I even tried ungrouping so I could select each imaging individually but even that's not working.

Default Re: Smart Photo Grids and Click to make bigger (popup)

UPDATE:

I think I may have found the issue, the mobile variant. I just tired new page and grid and the pop-up worked. Now I'm lead to believe that because I set the pop-up to 1000px that this breaks the mobile variant as it's size is set to 460px.

would I be correct in this assumption?

Thanks.

I'm guessing that the answer is yes. When you create a smaller variant, Xara puts all your full size material on the page and it's your job to resize and edit as appropriate.

I understand that. But the pop-up feature stops working completely. You cannot click the image to isolate it and make it larger.

UPDATE:
    I have deleted it now and started again. Seems to work now, I must have altered something to have it break.

Thanks for the help.

Cool!

It's always best when you discover the solution on your own. You'll know better the next time around.

Xara has improved the Smart Photo Grids from its low starting point.
    Smart Photo Grids 01-11 now all use the same underlying mechanism with some with page and hover animations.
    There are no the same as the other photo grids without the soubriquet "Smart".
    All come without explanation as how to add or change animations and also fail to describe how to implement Photo pop-ups.

How to add, delete and reorder is covered in https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ls_frames.html.

The 'trick' that is not described anywhere is you have to expand the Photo grid group in the Page & Layer Gallery to then select one or more photos to be able to apply a Photo pop-up, Link or Web Animation.
    You can Ctrl+Click into single images as well.

Do note Link and Pop-up are exclusive actions.
    Sadly a Smart Photo grid does not retain an Pop-up Title entry for a Link; it does for a Pop-up photo.
    In the latter, you can add an <a> HTML tag around the text to enable a Link.

Lastly, Photo pop-ups do work in narrow Variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you guy.

One more question. How do I set it some when an image in clicked the larger view is centred in the browser window?

Probably prior to when Xara uplifted the jQuery Library to v3.6.0, centring was simply adding <script> hs.align = 'center'; </script> to the Website Head.
    From v18 on, this no longer seems to work.

As a consequence of Highslide JS no longer being supported since 2019 and Xara not addressing this, I have no simple answer for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat