Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info Unable to Access Online Content

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    After version 9 of the Xara Desktop Application (XDA), Xara switched to delivering its template and components on-line.
    This is called the Xara Online Content Catalogue (OCC).
    I have V18 but have never been able to download the online content catalog, as I have done in versions previous. Instead, I always get the message Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New from Content Catalog 2022-10-02 12.33.23.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	132837

Looks to me that Xara are trying to force users onto their annual cloud based system. That is why I no longer use Adobe. Obviously this year I won't be updating!
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 October 2022 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: Accessing Xara On-line Content

Try attacking it from the Page & Layer Gallery on the right-hand side.

Pop out the Local Design Gallery, then right click each folder and choose Download All

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Content Catalogue.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	132838

Default Re: Unable to Access Online Content

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I have V18 but have never been able to download the online content catalog, as I have done in versions previous. Instead, I always get the message:

Name:	New from Content Catalog 2022-10-02 12.33.23.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	132837

Looks to me that Xara are trying to force users onto their annual cloud based system. That is why I no longer use Adobe. Obviously this year I won't be updating!
    Pjill, I have created a new Thread from your issue.

The 504 is a gateway Timeout error such that the file jsonfolder.php is not accessible or it is taking too long for it to respond.

No sane company would attempt this on purpose.
    I cannot see Xara force Magix to do this as Magix would lose its custom.
    Also no one else seems to be experiencing this.
    Have you tried to contact Magix (link in my signature)?

The OCC that you should be able to reach in your XDA is https://downloadsv18.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html.
    It this presents then that fault is with your XDA.

I am confused also as if you are using v18, you have either not upgraded or have chosen not to use v19.

v18.0 was released on 29 March 2021 so the latest you could have bought v18 was March 2022 as v19.0 came out then.
    What was your install date? [C:\Program Files\Xara\(Your Product)\18\install.cfg lists it]

If you are still in cover, download v19 and try again.

Regardless, I would always run any XDA update as Administrator after a cold boot.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 06 October 2022 at 02:00 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

The Timeout error still exists, even in v19. I just tried. This is still very annoying. The only way to get in is to keep trying. It took me 4 tries before getting in today.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    The Timeout error still exists, even in v19. I just tried. This is still very annoying. The only way to get in is to keep trying. It took me 4 tries before getting in today.
    John, sorry to hear. I only have up to v18 and all versions work as does XPro+v22.1.1. It must be depending on the routing to the Magix servers.

Have you raised a Ticket?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Accessing Xara On-line Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Try attacking it from the Page & Layer Gallery on the right-hand side.

Pop out the Local Design Gallery, then right click each folder and choose Download All

Name:	Content Catalogue.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	132838
    I already tried that several times with same result.

Pjill, I have created a new Thread from your issue.

The 504 is a gateway Timeout error such that the file jsonfolder.php is not accessible or it is taking too long for it to respond.

No sane company would attempt this on purpose.
    I cannot see Xara force Magix to do this as Magix would lose its custom.
    Also no one else seems to be experiencing this.
    Have you tried to contact Magix (link in my signature)?

The OCC that you should be able to reach in your XDA is https://downloadsv18.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html.
    It this presents then that fault is with your XDA.

I am confused also as if you are using v18, you have either not upgraded or have chosen not to use v19.

v18.0 was released on 29 March 2021 so the latest you could have bought v18 was March 2022 as v19.0 came out then.
    What was your install date? [C:\Program Files\Xara\(Your Product)\18\install.cfg lists it]

If you are still in cover, download v19 and try again.

Regardless, I would always run any XDA update as Administrator after a cold boot.

Acorn
    Was installed Aug 2021. The download link you gave does open but it shows everything as "Buy Now". I have had that before also. A few months ago I downloaded the OCC to my HD, but I now cannot access that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Was installed Aug 2021. The download link you gave does open but it shows everything as "Buy Now".
    Phill, thank you for the detail.

The Link is external to the XDA so it wouldn't know you had a licence to use.

Xara seems to have magiced away the Download All option.

Acorn

Phill, thank you for the detail.

The Link is external to the XDA so it wouldn't know you had a licence to use.

Xara seems to have magiced away the Download All option.

Acorn
    Yes I understand that re the external link, but it did show the content catalog items, whereas accessing from within Xara just shows a blank page later followed by a 504 error message.

Issue has been resolved thanks to help from Magix. I finally found a working email address to Magix to which I re sent my returned email. They responded very promptly with a link allowing me to access the OCC. The first two times I tried it I got a 504 error, but it loaded on 3rd attempt, whereas before I had tried multiple times without success. Good to know that Magix resolved the issue quickly without a hassle.