Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Background wont stretch

I am trying to create a new web page when i add a background it wont stretch with the page when i make it bigger it used to do this but for some reason it now wont - i am not to sure what i am doing thats different to what i have done previously.
    My older web pages do this, so has something changed?

I am using - Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291+

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Background wont stretch

How are you adding the background? That might be the clue. And seeing as I woke up in a snarky mood, here are some apostrophes for you to use ' ' ' ' ' I couldnt resist.

Hi thanks for your reply, I create new page - then add my background through Images right click on image and use as background, you can stretch the page it just doesnt stretch the image like it used to, and my old pages can strectch the background image.

I dont believe in apostrophes

Jack

Please attach web/xar file that's giving these results.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Please attach web/xar file that's giving these results.
    I am not even sure how that can show whats not happening i do have apostrophie`s to hand out - i will try and make a screenshot of the situation

Jack

Jack, adding an image as the Page or Pasteboard Background has always been a Default of Tiled as far back as v12.
    There is no stretch on page size change.

The only stretch is for an image added to the design page with Stretch to Width but this stretches to the entire browser width and not the design page width.

I might code for this in CSS in the Website Body as:

Code:
    <style>
    .xr_ar {
      background: url(index_htm_files/background.jpg);
      background-size: cover;
      background-repeat: no-repeat; 
    }
    </style>
    where you have to have created or linked somehow to background.jpg.

A past example file might help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok i must have been doing something wrong - i will try and provide morte insight into what i have been doing later on - right now i have a migraine starting up

Jack

Are you thinking about the Fill Browser Window option?

Right-click the image > Set As Pasteboard Background
    Right-click the pasteboard > hover over Pasteboard Background > Fill Browser Window

OK thanks for your replies, headaches settled so i will give this a go.

I have uploaded file for example Index is blank no background added you can see the bar i will call it to stretch sideways the page - no issues
    Index a has the background i use added same way i have always added it Inser - Image - from file and it goes to my websites image folder. You will see that the line has no disapeared but it is still there you just have to find it - now in t he past i h ave used that line to stretch the page sidewards and downwards, but now it just stretched the white and not the image like it used to - stretch down still works - i hope that makes sense!

Jack
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jack, the background image you supplied is a JPEG that is 1817px wide but it is white background from 640 to the right.
    It also seems to be just a repeat pattern of 55px square. Your right edge also appears to have a shadow.
    My guess is you did a screen capture or a JPEG with another object that included the page edge.

Instead, I made a square of side 55px and added a Fractal Plasma Fill and coloured close to your background.

The Bitmap copy was 110px square (Retina) and it covers the entire design page at the expense of a 47kB size within Xara; yours is 1.14MB. In rendering you have a JPEG file 135kB versus mine of 1.3kB.

I return your file with a few changes. The last page has your background as an object on the page. The page background is my repeating tile. I also added a repeating inverted tile that you can apply.
    Your second page has been extended far to the right to show the repeat and the large white gap.
    When I did this, I changed the view to Outline so I could see the page boundary.

Untitled1 - Acorned.web.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat