Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Migrated To HostGator, Need Help

I recently migrated my website from Earthlink to HostGator. Earthlink was most unhelpful with the process and HostGator was only able to migrate an old version of the website. I have been trying to publish the current version of the website using Web Designer Premium's publishing feature and while I believe that my files are being uploaded to my HostGator server, no changes appear in the website online. While I'm waiting for a call back from HostGator support, does anybody here have any insight or advice? I need some help! Thanks.

Default Re: Migrated To HostGator, Need Help

The first thing to do is to press Ctrl + F5 in your browser to force the new changes to load.

If this does not work, visit HostGator's website FTP requirements.

Most ISPs want you to publish to a specific folder, usually public_html

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The first thing to do is to press Ctrl + F5 in your browser to force the new changes to load.

If this does not work, visit HostGator's website FTP requirements.

Most ISPs want you to publish to a specific folder, usually public_html
    Thanks. Have tried all of the above with no success. Just got off the phone with HostGator support and they're telling me everything seems fine on their end and that I should call Xara support

SUCCESS! As I was ending the call with the HostGator tech, he mentioned something about my cPanel username. It was different than the FTP username I'd plugged into Web Designer. So I tried it and it worked! Seriously, I've been at this for two weeks. Whew!

Glad everything worked out. It always seems to be something simple that we overlook.