Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "rename" the sitemap.xml

hello,

Is there any way to "rename" the sitemap.xml file and have Xara upload it to the ftp with another name (changing it in the ftp destroys all my SEO dynamics)

When I do SEO and there is a Wordprees in the root, it can generate conflicts.

Default Re: "rename" the sitemap.xml

Are you publishing to Xara Hosting or another?

If the latter, you can remove the Website URL in the Other web hosting settings Dialog and no sitemap.xml & robots.txt files are published.

You can then separately upload a sitemap with a different filename.

I am not clear on the issues you are encountering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Are you publishing to Xara Hosting or another?

If the latter, you can remove the Website URL in the Other web hosting settings Dialog and no sitemap.xml & robots.txt files are published.

You can then separately upload a sitemap with a different filename.

I am not clear on the issues you are encountering.

Acorn
    Google tranlate

no....i have my own server.....and yes, via ftp, i can rename anything...

But.... I dedicate myself to SEO, and xara, in addition to being a great program, is perfect for "crashing htmls (landing pages) like there's no tomorrow"...and, as I do many, it breaks "my dynamics "Having to go to ftp to change the name...

It would be very interesting if Xara, where it asks you to put the URL if you want a sitemap, would allow you to put the url with the name of the sitemap you want...

Thank you very much for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by rhdpre07 View Post
    "crashing htmls (landing pages) like there's no tomorrow"
    Thank you for explaining.

I have had no crashing of any landing pages so if you have the time, could you explain what if going wrong?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

rhdpre07, have you considered Exporting Website to a local directory and running a Windows batch file;

Code:
    REM # EXAMPLE (changes the sitename.xml filename in the Export folder to other.xml)
    rename E:\Export\sitemap.xml other.xml

@echo off
    echo Sitemap: http://website.com/other.xml > E:\Export\robots.txt
    Clearly you would need to change the destination URL, the local export folder and the filename of the sitemap.

Even easier, create the same other.xml and robots.txt by hand for a given website and place in the export folder used for that website.
    Ensure no Website URL is present in the XDA andwhen you FTP from the export folder everything is in place even after design updates.

Acorn