Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New design - Turtle Love

Hi again, guys. I really value your tech help and feedback. I just finished a new t-shirt/poster etc. design. What do you think? And thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turtle love twitter.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	132799

Default Re: New design - Turtle Love

Very nice. I'm not expert on T-shirt texts but the text seems a bit too long and therefore hard to quickly read. What about:

[the drawing]
    The one reptile
    we all
    [little heart]

Cute

Thanks, guys!

Hmm, I like your suggestion, Boy. I think I'll use it, if that's okay.

You asked for input and I gave it, so go for it, and make any changes you wish.

Beautiful drawing.

And I'm probably being a bit picky here, but the feet look as though they belong to a 'Tortoise' rather than a 'Turtle'.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Beautiful drawing.

And I'm probably being a bit picky here, but the feet look as though they belong to a 'Tortoise' rather than a 'Turtle'.
    Rik, in some parts of the world, for example the USA, turtle is the generic name for the whole turtle, tortoise and terrapin group.

Recently I was lucky enough to visit a museum in Den Haag (Netherlands) and noticed a painting by Albert Eckhout called ‘Study of Two Brazilian Tortoises’. It was actually labelled on the wall ‘Study of Two Brazilian Turtles’, which didn’t make sense to me at the time, until I looked into naming conventions. Incidentally if you look closely, the painter added teeth to make them look more fierce (tortoises don’t have any). Here’s a link to the painting https://www.mauritshuis.nl/en/our-co...ian-tortoises/

As cute as it is, I’m afraid I wouldn’t buy the t-shirt because I’m fascinated by all reptiles. With climate crisis they all need our love. Nice drawing though.

Edit: (I probably would buy the t-shirt, just for it’s cute little face!)
    Last edited by Jonopen; 30 September 2022 at 12:00 AM.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

a tortoise, terrapin and a turtle are all members of the order Testudines; in many parts of the world the term turtle is used for all three, possibly because testudines is a bit of an academic mouthful - not many of us would call a horse/donkey/zebra an equid either, although those three are distinctive enough in appearance not to get mixed up...

tortoises are not aquatic; the other two are, which is the big distinction..

@TC - they say 'even a tortoise gets nowhere if he does not stick his neck out' - cute; and boy is spot on with his comment...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...