Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Invisible Page Call Link

I have a problem where a blank (I believe) portion of a page makes a call on a different page that doesn't exist & I end up getting a "404 error Page Not Found" error.

This describes the error on my main index htm.

ronkskitchen.com/index.htm

The error occurs ONLY on the [Smartphone] pages. I never see it on any of the [Main] pages.

The "zone" where the improper call is in full-width blank areas in between
    Red Underlined
    == Measuren=ment Conversions ==
    (Text Link Anchor)

through

Photograph
    LIQUID THICKENING AGENTS
    (Picture Link to Page)

UPLOADED WEBSITE:

The area is attempting to improperly call Page: http://www.ronkskitchen.com/bacon_wr..._solutions.htm
    This page does not & will not ever exist here.

PREVIEW WEB PAGE IN XARA:
    The area also tries to improperly link to Page "http://127.0.0.1:8000/virtd4cd28c1/bacon_wrapped_solutions.htm

I have searched through EVERY entry in the Page & Layer Gallery for the index.htm Page Layers
    MouseOver
    MouseOff
    Page background
    Pasteboard background

I have not been able to figure out where the unnecessary call is listed so I can try to delete it.
    Is there someplace I am not looking?

Thanks
    Ron

Default Re: Invisible Page Call Link

Malwarebytes is still blocking your site when I try to go there. Maybe Acorn or one of the other more enlightened members can offer an explanation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warning.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	132775  

Ron, due to Malwarebytes raising issues I can't go there. Could you attach your xar/web file for the page that's causing these issues?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The area is attempting to improperly call Page: http://www.ronkskitchen.com/bacon_wr..._solutions.htm
    This page does not & will not ever exist here.
    If I search Google for "bacon_wrapped_solutions.htm" I get the following, so Google say's it exists.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	132776  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ron, at some point, you created a box of height 2895px starting 510px from the top.
    If it is invisible you need to click on italong the top where grey changes to white.
    If that does not work, you need to unlock all objects in the Page & Layer gallery and try again.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Thank you

I found it, the culprit was an empty "Text Area" on the MouseOff" layer.

I have had many problems for the pst few weeks with corrupted pages and just discovered 2 days ago that my wireless mouse would do magic things all by itself. I was doing nothing & staring at a corrupted page when things just started appearing without me doing anything. A new mouse seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    Acorn
    Thank you I found it, the culprit was an empty "Text Area" on the MouseOff" layer.

I have had many problems for the pst few weeks with corrupted pages and just discovered 2 days ago that my wireless mouse would do magic things all by itself. I was doing nothing & staring at a corrupted page when things just started appearing without me doing anything. A new mouse seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again Ron
    Ron, glad you sorted it. I had similar with a wireless mouse that was highly frustrating. Now, my mouse is wired and I have an adjunct wireless touchpad.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg Bramhill

I found my problem.

The Web pages with the "Mystery" calls on a non-existent page were all either empty Text Areas or Rectangles on the Mouse Off Layer. The culprit was a bad wireless mouse. I was sitting in front of my screen staring at a corrupted page & suddenly things just started appearing. A new mouse has fixed the problem.

Thanks
    Ron

Acorn

BTW, You said once that you didn't like the quality of my my scanned Recipe JPG's and the associated PDF print files. While I was off on the family emergency, I found a webs site that that converted my ancient MS Excel Files properly (I use MS Office 2000 Pro). So I am now able to electronically create a .PDF without physically scanning a printed image. The same website will convert the PDF file into a JPG that I can display. My images ALL will have perfectly white backgrounds and black text from now on. His "created" PDF files are usually less than 20kb and his created JPG's are mostly less than 400kb.

The Website is: PDF2GO.COM

He does charge $8.50 per month for his service, but, during this month, I have converted all 1600 of my Recipes from XLS into PDF files for printing and then converted those PDF files into JPG's for display on a page. $8.50 is MUCH cheaper than Printing a Recipe (Paper, Laser Toner, Time, Wear & tear on my Laser Printer, etc.) and then physically scanning each printed page (Time, Wear & tear on my scanner) into a poor quality JPG to eventually convert it into a PDF.
    PDF2GO does its thing VERY quickly, I like it a LOT.

The ONLY thing PDF2GO doesn't do properly is the positioning of a footer on an XLS file, so I had to remove the footers (Page 1 of 4) from my Recipes. If you're interested, one of the sections that is completely finished now is

www.ronkskitchen.com/ham/index.htm

OR

butters
    coffees
    hawaiian
    hungarian
    indian
    cajun
    brazilian
    smoker

Sections are also now updated.

Thanks for ALL of the help you have given me.
    Ron
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 September 2022 at 11:18 AM.

Lightbulb Re: Invisible Page Call Link

Ron, I applaud your dedication. For half a cent a recipe, good value.

Had you said all your masters were spreadsheets I might have suggested the conversion of them to HTML tables using HTML Tables generator – TablesGenerator.com.

I built a simple Widget to embed the HTML Tables directly into the design page. Previously advised as 'HTML Table.xwr', which you applied just over two years ago: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...100#post624100.

My reasoning is each embedded Table is about 35kB a page, is text so scales clearly and there is no need for a PDF as the web page prints directly.

The site is much cleaner.

Next step is a printed cookbook!

Acorn