Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 3621.k.no.ad error message

When I try to export my website I get the following error message 3621.k.no.ad . Anyone know what this means and what to do about it?

Default Re: 3621.k.no.ad error message

Quote Originally Posted by chris999 View Post
    When I try to export my website I get the following error message 3621.k.no.ad . Anyone know what this means and what to do about it?
    Depends on what version you have.
    It may have been sorted: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...n-first-change.

Do your site publish fully, regardless of the error message?
    If no, you probably have to contact Magix or Xar is a Plus product.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure what version I have, but I've been using it since 2017 with no problems. The site does not publish fully. Would the problem be fixed if I bought a newer version?

go to the program help menu > about and it will show you the version
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Not sure what version I have, but I've been using it since 2017 with no problems. The site does not publish fully. Would the problem be fixed if I bought a newer version?
    I have had this error when i have a large site with lots of Repeating Groups. So it is possible you could avoid the pain by upgrading but there is no guarantee.

You would need to fully describe what your site construction might be.
    Does it fully Export Locally without the error?

safer to contact MagiXara as they are in a better position to rescue you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm not sure what lots of repeating groups means
    This is the site : sgurramblers.org.uk if you have a look at this maybe you could tell me

I'm not sure what lots of repeating groups means
    This is the site : sgurramblers.org.uk if you have a look at this maybe you could tell me
    Chris, a repeating group is an object (NavBat, image) that occurs on all pages in the same place.
    You have a simple NavBar and appear to have t same image on each page but it is not repeating as it has a different filename on each and is slightly a different size.

All said, your site is not complex and ought not be erroring.
    What I have found is the appearance that you have published the site into the site's own index_htm_files/ folder, and possibly into that another time.

You have 31 pages but two Variants so you are publishing some 1,565 assets into the top level and potentially elsewhere too.
    This does not include your PDF newsletters.

I think this is what is causing your publish cycle to choke.

Export Website locally and check you only have the above assets, just the once.

What will be happening is you are publishing some 1,410 images.
    These are JPEGs and so unless you have a lot of RAM, you are chugging along and the system have too many balls in the air and so gives up.

You are publishing at Xara HTML filter v.8.8.0.470 so I put your XWD(P) version around v15.
    This will not have Scale to Fit Width (StFW).
    You don't really need two Variants and could lose one of them. This is where StFW would benefit.

Your design file must be quite large.
    Perhaps you can save size and publishing time by Optimising all Images.
    Do copy your masters to a separate folder for backup and recovery.

One thing you probably should do is download and use Filezilla (it's free) and set up an FTP connection to your current server publish area.
    This will allow you to check what files are ther and any nesting.
    Ultimately, you may need to delete everything there and republish. Filezilla is easier for that that using Xara itself.

Yes, you could probably upgrade and jump to a subscription Plus version.
    The main benefit would be your images would be exported as WebP and you gain StFW.
    Do'nt buy but try thr trial after you have tidied everything up.

Acorn