Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't register Web Designer

I have just re-installed Web Designer Premium 11 (I know it's an old version) but when I try to register the program I get "an online connection could not be established etc. etc. I have made sure the program is allowed access to the internet but still no success. Any ideas?

Default Re: Can't register Web Designer

since 'etc. etc.' does not mean much I am assumimg from what you say that you got the message:

"an online connection could not be established. Please make sure your computer is correctly connected to the internet. A firewall may be blocking access."
    rather than one of the other possibilities

Notwithstanding, it does not necessarily mean the program cannot access the internet, it might just mean it cannot establish a connection to the magix server, in which case you might be ok later

If it is blocked then third-party security software could also be doing that if you use any

If the activation serial number for WD11 begins with P3 then it is worth chaecking your magix account and deactiavting any activations there you don't need [including any previous activation for the same computer if there is one]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Handrawn, I will check my account and see if that fixes my problem

Quote Originally Posted by peebee44 View Post
    Thank you Handrawn, I will check my account and see if that fixes my problem
    Can't login as I have lost my login details, it's been so long.

Arg! Is there a Forgot My Password option?

I have reset my password but when I logon there is nowhere to deactivate the software. There is nothing there at all. I am on a different pc so I think if I deactivate it I should be able to activate it again. (hopefully)

I found all my details and have deactivated the programs but can't activate now Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap 2022-09-21 at 12.26.11.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	132779

well the basics are

check you are using the correct serial number as shown in your account

uninstall xara completely from your computer, shut it down and restart

download the installer from your account to make sure you are using the correct one and reinstall using that

if this does not work, and you do not have third party firewall antivirus or other software that might be blocking the program, then you need to go to magix for support if noone here has anyhting further to add
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...