Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Justification "Fully Justify" error

Sorry, I have been out of the Country (US) for a family emergency & haven't gotten back to anyone for almost a month

Thanks for your patience
    Ron.

While perusing my website for inherent errors (There are GAZILLIONS), I made an interesting discovery that I never saw before.

Xara Pro V 11.2.5.42127

The text inside of a [Smartphone] text box display error.

www.RonksKitchen.com/index.htm

[Main] Selecting "Fully Justify" (or any other) for the text, works correctly both in Xara and when published.

[SmartPhone] Selecting "Fully Justify" displays incorrectly in Xara as "Center Justify".

"Left Justify", Center Justify" and "Right Justify"all work as they are supposed to.

Is there a way to manually change the generated code in a page within Xara, or am I stuck using "Left Justify" in [Smartphone]?

Thanks Ron

Default Re: Text Justification "Fully Justify" error

Ron, with an early version XDA, your results may vary from mine but the principle applies.

Basically, in pursuit of a WYSIWYG approach such that everything is sub-pixel placed, Xara ended up creating an abomination for justified text!

In the case of fully justified, not only does Xara breaks paragraphs into lines using HTML <SPAN> tags, it further breaks lines into words with a trailing non-breaking space and then absolutely positions these with individual fixed starting points.

There is a solution.

For each Text Areas, include a Name of htmlblocktext and the SPANs all are rolled into a paragraph (<P>) Tag.
    The words then have CSS justification added.

Justified Ron.xar - there is a variant.

The end result is very close to the original apart from the detail the Xara developer(s) overlooked where the line spacing had to be included.

My example file uses 120% line spacing but for the htmlblocktext ones, I have increased this to 130%.

I think what you are seeing in a SmartPhone is still fully justified but the phone browser is not reducing the font-size as much as you might have thought. Browser vendors usually set a minimum font-size and so some of your lines are being shown wider than planned.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Text Justification "Fully Justify" error

Acorn

Thanks much

Ron