Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing the bitmap fill to a transparent bitmap fill and vice versa?

Hi all,
    Is it possible to change a bitmap fill to a transparent bitmap fill and vice versa?
    with exact the same bitmap at the same position with same scaling ?

any idea?

regards reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Default Re: Changing the bitmap fill to a transparent bitmap fill and vice versa?

Reinhard - Do you mean that every color in the fill has transparency? Or just some parts of the bitmap?

Default Re: Changing the bitmap fill to a transparent bitmap fill and vice versa?

you can drag a bitmap from outside xara [say from desktop], onto the bitmap fill, and if you hold down shift as you drag it will replace the bitmap fill at it's scaled position, the object does not need to be selected in xara - note that if the bitmap you drag is not the same size/aspect it will be changed to that of the fill it is replacing as you might expect

as far as I know you could do this with a fully transparent bitmap if that is what you want
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'll try to explain.
    You can have 2 types of bitmap fills.
    1. fill
    2. transparent
    now i want to transfer exactly the same position of the bitmap from 1 to 2.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

if you have the original bitmap used for the fill can you do it as I suggested - you will have to export the bitmap to the desktop at the correct resolution - then shift drag it back onto the bitmap fill area that has the transparency in the xara workspace

I don't know of any other way

XARA HELP:

Replacing Bitmap Fills

If a shape already contains a bitmap, or is a photo, then you can just drag and drop a new bitmap from any source, such as Windows Explorer, and it will replace the existing bitmap. The new image is 'best fitted' into the shape so that it just fits in. By default, doing this will also replace all other instances of that photo on the current page, if they are in the same soft group.

Holding down Shift while replacing a photo in this way causes the position, scale and rotation of the bitmap fill to be preserved.
    Nothing lasts forever...

reinhard

If you have not changed the default Fill using Bitmap gallery > Fill then you just reselect the shape and Bitmap gallery > Transparency.
    The two operations are interchangeable and repeatable.

Where it gets tricky is if you adjust the control handles by skewing or scaling or repeating then the first change works but subsequent ones get muddled.
    This is because you have applied both a Fill and a transparency and each is separately adjustable.
    You should be able to rest either one to Flat Fill/No transparency.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am still not clear. Is the transparency for ALL colors, or just one or two colors?

In the attached example, I have two bitmaps. One that is TrueColor and on that is True Color + Alpha (the transparency created using Photo Tool > Select Colors to Enhance)

I applied the the True Color to the first shape and True Color + Alpha to the second shape using Fill in the Bitmap Gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solid - transparent.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	132748  

Gary, we are talking about a Shape with a Bitmap applied as a Fill or as a Transparency, not any change of the Bitmap.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

actually acorn I read it as wanting to replace a bitmap fill that has been repositioned/resized - hence rsrsrs' reference to scaling in his first post
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn - Reinhard was not clear and this may be a language issue. My solution is based on a bitmap with transparency applied to a part of the bitmap as opposed to the entire bitmap.

And the two fills, which reside in the Bitmap Gallery were applied to two duplicate shapes and the fills match.