Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 New Xara Tables - Challenge 3 - Compact Tables

This comes from the real world where I have sweated to fit a table onto one page as otherwise the presentation breaks down otherwise.

It is a simple aim and seemingly achieve a little benefit but it establishes what is possible with the new Xara Table feature.

Challenge 3 is again for Plus XDAs, until Magix buy into including the feature.

Xara Tables - Challenge 3.xar
    I would like to see any solutions that reduce the Table Perimeter by more than 1%.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: New Xara Tables - Challenge 3 - Compact Tables

@Acorn The problem and solution tables have different cell paddings but the problem statement says we're not allowed to change the padding. So unless I've missed something I think it's impossible to arrive at your solution...?

Default Re: New Xara Tables - Challenge 3 - Compact Tables

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    @Acorn The problem and solution tables have different cell paddings but the problem statement says we're not allowed to change the padding. So unless I've missed something I think it's impossible to arrive at your solution...?
    Oops! I didn't purposely change anything so I apologise for my cranked solution. The Challenge is still valid as my solution is my go and not an assured one.
    Just ensure the Table Cell Padding is all set to 0px.
    My new PS is 3403.4px.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 15 September 2022 at 06:44 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat