Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problem filling with bitmap

Is the original image a group? Perhaps there's an unwanted object causing this. If you post the image here, we can take a look.

Shadow?

ArtyBoots

What I have just tried is a Bitmap Copy of an irregular image, used as a Fill for a Box.
    When I apply the Shadow, it show around the irregular image but in Preview the Box is also shadowed.
    I have tried it with the original clipped, image, a Bitmap Copy and a Bitmap Fill.
    i have set each to force a PNG output.

All FAIL - you have found a Bug.
    I tried in XDPXv15 and all three work as expected.

Moving the Thread to the Dear Xara forum.

Wonky Shadows.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks so much everyone. This was my first time of using the new upgraded XDP+ offline. What was weird… and pl remember I do this hundreds of times a month… is that when I went to the bitmap gallery, the images were there but none had the ability to be used as a fill. All options were grayed out. The only way to fill any object (vector or bitmap) with a bitmap was either by right clicking on the bitmap and selecting Fill there, or by going to the Fill tool on the main toolbar and selecting Bitmap as a fill from there.

For completeness… I was trying to fill an irregular image with a rectangular bitmap, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    For completeness… I was trying to fill an irregular image with a rectangular bitmap, not vice versa.
    Artyboots, thank you for the clarification - same issue!.

The Xara method I usually adopt is to clone the irregular shape and remove the image, put to back, feather and colour and adjust its position.
    Overall, I prefer adding my shadows via CSS coding, cleaner all round.

Usually when you have lost a previously working option, the update has not applied a library properly. Try running once as Administrator.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is this a Cloud issue? I have no problems with this on the desktop app.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is this a Cloud issue? I have no problems with this on the desktop app.
    Gary, XPro+. Have you Previewed my file?

Acorn

Desktop following the upgrade. I don’t work in the cloud.