Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two Pro+ Questions

Xara Pro +:

1. How do you lock an object to the bottom margin? Is that automatic within a specific proximity to the margin?

2. Does the Fast Publish feature only work within the same session or does it also work after closing and reopening the program?

Thanks,

Dan

Default Re: Two Pro+ Questions

It's been a while and the process has changed. I am not even sure if this is correct. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Autofit to Page > Center > Bottom

Fast publish should work with whatever the last changes you made. Xara creates a file of everything on the site and then notes if any of these has changed and publishes accordingly.

What can take a lot of extra time is if you have made a lot of changes, after the publish, Xara deletes the replaced objects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autofit.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	132710  

Set to Bottom and the object will remain at the same distance from the bottom; it can even be pushed out over the top of the page. There is no 'margin'. Its use is only for design work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    2. Does the Fast Publish feature only work within the same session or does it also work after closing and reopening the program?
    Thanks, Dan
    Dan, it is checking the file size and/or modified date of the server content so it is not connected the XDA sessions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat