Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I control my website title links?

Simple Steps to Control the Titles links of Your Websites

One of the most common questions we get asked is how to control the website title links in the header of your site.

The website title links, also known as the header links, are the links that show up in the header of your site, usually above the navigation menu.

There are two ways to control the website title links:

1. Edit the code in your header.php file

This method is for advanced users who are comfortable editing code.

If you're not comfortable editing code, we recommend using method 2.

To edit the code in your header.php file, you'll need to use a code editor like Dreamweaver, Notepad++, or Sublime Text.

Once you have your code editor open, locate the header.php file in your theme's folder.

In the header.php file, look for the code that controls the website title links. It will look something like this:

<a href="<?php echo esc_

Why are website title links important?

If you've ever clicked on a link on a search engine results page, you know that the link's title is important.

The title is the text that appears in the blue bar at the top of your browser when you visit a website.

It's also the text that appears when you hover over a link on a search engine results page.

The title of a website's link is important because it's one of the first things people see when they're looking for something on the internet.

A title that's relevant to what people are searching for is more likely to get clicked on. A title that's not relevant is less likely to get clicked on.

When you're optimizing your website for search engines, you want to make sure that your website's title links are relevant to what people are searching for.

If they're not, you're missing out on valuable traffic.

Hope this answer will help you.

Default Re: How do I control my website title links?

One of the most common questions we ask here is 1. Do you use Xara products? 2. Are you even familiar how Xara products work? 3. What exactly are you about to try to sell us here?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    One of the most common questions we ask here is 1. Do you use Xara products? 2. Are you even familiar how Xara products work? 3. What exactly are you about to try to sell us here?
    Gary, to be fair I let this one through as it is in the right Forum. My concern is the OP implies that they fronting for an unknown collective, although the 'we' could be a personal pronoun.

What is being described is vague and hyper-specific towards php-enabled designs.
    You cannot control Title Links directly, you have to influence Google.

A better generic overview is https://developers.google.com/search...nce/title-link.

I know which I prefer..

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, my question is motive.

Best practices for influencing title links :

1. Make sure every page on your site has a title specified in the <title> element.
    2. Write descriptive and concise text for your <title> elements.
    3. Avoid keyword stuffing.
    4. Avoid repeated or boilerplate text in <title> elements.
    5. Brand your titles concisely.