Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb High Quality SVG Icons for all XDA Use

I have found this free resource that requires no sign-up but does need attribution: https://visualpharm.com.
    It has a Tag-based Search and you end up with a link like https://visualpharm.com/free-icons/f...tional%20flags

I have checked that any SVG download, if dragged into a design page of any XDA from version 10 to current will be presented as a Grouped number of shapes.
    You could even use Import from Web Address; in earlier versions, you need to strip off the https:// protocol.
    What I enjoy is right-clicking the selected icon into a New Tab and it presents as a full screen SVG so you can give it a detailed once-over.
    As they are no longer SVGs in the XDA and you have the editorial means to alter them, I leave any attribution to your conscience.

In earlier XDAs, individual shapes or groups are still rendered as images.
    You only gain true benefit with later XDAs that handle WebP and, especially, SVG outputs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: High Quality SVG Icons for all XDA Use

Yes, they're good svg's and all the ones I've tried contain named colours which is helpful.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have found this free resource that requires no sign-up but does need attribution: https://visualpharm.com.
    It has a Tag-based Search and you end up with a link like https://visualpharm.com/free-icons/f...tional%20flags

I have checked that any SVG download, if dragged into a design page of any XDA from version 10 to current will be presented as a Grouped number of shapes.
    You could even use Import from Web Address; in earlier versions, you need to strip off the https:// protocol.
    What I enjoy is right-clicking the selected icon into a New Tab and it presents as a full screen SVG so you can give it a detailed once-over.
    As they are no longer SVGs in the XDA and you have the editorial means to alter them, I leave any attribution to your conscience.

In earlier XDAs, individual shapes or groups are still rendered as images.
    You only gain true benefit with later XDAs that handle WebP and, especially, SVG outputs.

Acorn
    Nice library. You can import SVGs to Xara Cloud too. Ungroup if needed. Change colors as needed. And even do some shape editing as well. Regroup and export as an SVG, or save to the asset library in Xara Cloud or to a connect cloud storage to access them in your Desktop+. More improvements with SVG handling are scheduled for future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    More improvements with SVG handling are scheduled for future releases.
    Matt, looking forward to those.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, they're good svg's and all the ones I've tried contain named colours which is helpful.
    Egg, can you give a link to any with named colours.

Acorn

Here you go Acorn:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here you go Acorn:
    LINK
    Egg, thank you. I don't see any such named colours, only a clutch of styles: style="fill:#8d6c9f;".

Acorn

Possibly talking at cross-purpose here Acorn. If you look at the svg in a text editor I agree it only contains
    style="fill:#
    for colours.

However if you import the downloaded svg into Xara (via open with) it comes in with named colours (Theme 1, Theme 2 etc). Were it falls short is it also appears to include 'Shades of' colours within the colour-bar but selecting them appears to be a 'shade of' in the Colour Editor (i.e. it has a diagonal cross for the base colour plus a squared cross for the shade-of) it's not shown as such by a circle in the colour bar . Fairly easy to work-around though.

VIDEO
    Egg

Possibly talking at cross-purpose here Acorn. If you look at the svg in a text editor I agree it only contains for colours.
    However if you import the downloaded svg into Xara (via open with) it comes in with named colours (Theme 1, Theme 2 etc). Were it falls short is it also appears to include 'Shades of' colours within the colour-bar but selecting them appears to be a 'shade of' in the Colour Editor (i.e. it has a diagonal cross for the base colour plus a squared cross for the shade-of) it's not shown as such by a circle in the colour bar . Fairly easy to work-around though.
    VIDEO
    Egg, thank you for the video.

Your opening method was what threw me. I would never have thought of Open with.
    It is interesting that Xara is automatically, incorrectly creating T0 Darker, T0 Dark, T0 Light & T0 Lighter from Theme Colour 1.
    If working correctly, it ought to cover Theme Colours 1 to 5 and the associated four shades for each.

To bring the Shades across into another document, you would have to create shapes with those Shades as Fills.
    Also you need to pick Don't Match if you already have Theme Colour 1 to 5.

Doing it your way allows pre-colouring but as icons have a limited number of colours and gradients, it might be as quick to manually add thematic colours if you have set them up already in your design.
    My default Template has 30 named colours (60 including their CSS inverses).

A useful discovery.

Acorn

First thing I noticed was the T0 shades of Theme1 & T1 shades of Theme2. Very-odd.

Also these 'shades of' don't appear to be used in the original svg (hex value), but clicking on them indicates they are shades in the colour editor.

A XDA svg import shortcoming? And why are they completely absent if you just drag and drop the svg onto a Xara page?
    Egg