Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Getting Deep...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was playing with blended Quickshapes as I'm been doing compulsively lately. I then had a thought (ouch!). Most of the time, when we are trying to create something beautiful or interesting we look for it in the full drawing. I realized that the mediocre image I was developing had small parts that were increadibly beautiful. "Why not just zoom in and make an image out of the good stuff?" I asked myself and the image below was created.

For those who don't know - If you want to export an bigger image from a small area in your xara drawing all you do is: Zoom to what you like and then draw a shape with no fill to marquee the part you want to export. Now with that shape selected: export. The big image will be "cropped" in the export to the selected shape. In the export dialogue box be sure to set the bitmap size to something you can see!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	god.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	6324  

I was playing with blended Quickshapes as I'm been doing compulsively lately. I then had a thought (ouch!). Most of the time, when we are trying to create something beautiful or interesting we look for it in the full drawing. I realized that the mediocre image I was developing had small parts that were increadibly beautiful. "Why not just zoom in and make an image out of the good stuff?" I asked myself and the image below was created.

For those who don't know - If you want to export an bigger image from a small area in your xara drawing all you do is: Zoom to what you like and then draw a shape with no fill to marquee the part you want to export. Now with that shape selected: export. The big image will be "cropped" in the export to the selected shape. In the export dialogue box be sure to set the bitmap size to something you can see!

Regards, Ross

Hauntingly beutiful colors to a great composition!

Isn't it amazing what varied ideas can be expressed with this wonderful program!

I for one, did not know that you could export a zoomed part of a drawing that way. Great tip!

Risto

Risto - This form of zoom-cropping really benifits from xara's being a vector illustration program. Those poor vector-challanged photoshoppers would have to be working with impractically large resolutions to be able to resize a tiny selection into a usable large one. With Xara the vectors are resolution independant. I suspect most of us don't really take advantage of that feature as much as we could.

I'm glad you like the image. It has me thinking about keeping a little vector collection of such effects that I can use as backgrounds behind other images. Something like the example above can be much more sophisticated than any gradient fill.

Regards, Ross

This is a zoom in on a blend. The blend was beween a line with a pressure profile, and its clone. The words were added later.

Regards, Ross

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoomblend2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	7688  

So I start fingerpainting again (my term for doodling in XX), going deep as this tread states and you know what???, I'll have to go get more RAM and a faster CPU if this keeps up. I want it to render NOW!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Time to go to bed!

I reboot Windows for a living
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark