Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paste text - always unformatted possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I need unformatted text all the time and use a very simple tray utility, PureText. You copy any text and only have to click the PureText tray icon to have all rich formatting removed. You can also assign a hotkey for this. https://stevemiller.net/puretext
    That is a great tip, thank you very much!

UPDATE: Boy's tip pointed me to the right direction. Upon downloading, I remembered that I recently bought the wonderful Rainclip. I've been using it just as a clipboard manager, but what do you know, it also offers pasting of clean text just like PureText and I already have it installed.
    My problem is kind of solved, though in a different way that I thought.

If you need a versatile clipboard manager, I highly recommend this one: https://rainclip.net/
    (I am not affiliated in any way)

Cheers
    Wolfgang
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 27 August 2022 at 06:31 AM.

Hi all,
    We are happy to capture this as a feature improvement. Is the request that when the paste popup appears with the various options, you can set one as the default paste on this document so it does not need to be presented on the remaining paste operations?

Unformatted text
    Rich Text Format
    HTML format

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi all,
    We are happy to capture this as a feature improvement. Is the request that when the paste popup appears with the various options, you can set one as the default paste on this document so it does not need to be presented on the remaining paste operations?

Unformatted text
    Rich Text Format
    HTML format
    Exactly that. At least for me.

A big + from here! PLS go for it.
    The same problem is when exporting.
    It would be useful if Xara would remember the last selection made like e. g. “full page” and I would not have to confirm again and again.

Exclamation Re: Paste text - always unformatted possible?

I am against this until it can be shown that the override to a reselection of the other options is easily reached.

At present, I can achieve what Wolfgang wants by pressing U-Enter when the pop-up Paste Special Dialog box is presented:
    • R - pastes Rich Text Format, if offered
    • H - pastes HTML format, if offered
    • U - pastes Unformatted Text
    • E - pastes Enhanced Metafile, if offered

A possible cleaner approach might be a right-click for the Text context menu with a new mandatory entry Paste Text that always pastes unformatted text (Keypress: Menu-T).

On this matter, I find following a first Paste of a copied selection, subsequent Pastes keep that Paste Special selection.
    For a given copy I may want Unformatted Text for the words and HTML format for the graphic.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi all,

Unformatted text
    Rich Text Format
    HTML format
    I don't need it because I use the PureText utility also for other apps, so it's part of my standard workflow.