Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+ minor DTP features omitted

Hi

Can I just confirm that while Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+ has full multi-page functionality along with multicolumn text flow, that simple DTP features such as text breaks and page numbering have been omitted?

I can live without these (and I can't justify the cost of the full Xara package anymore), but it does seem a great pity.

Charlie

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+ minor DTP features omitted

Charlie, the omissions are tabled here: https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I hadn't seen that comparison chart yet. The product naming is confusing: Web Designer+, P&G Designer+? Sold and serviced by Magix?

Also strange that the Magix version of XDP is not included in the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I hadn't seen that comparison chart yet. The product naming is confusing: Web Designer+, P&G Designer+? Sold and serviced by Magix?
    Also strange that the Magix version of XDP is not included in the chart.
    Boy, the + (Plus) products are all Xara. Xara is trying its best to decouple its products from the Magix listings.
    If you want XDP then you need to go to Magix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Boy, the + (Plus) products are all Xara. Xara is trying its best to decouple its products from the Magix listings.
    If you want XDP then you need to go to Magix.

Acorn
    That's why I posted, Acorn. Look at the rows "Sales & Support from Xara" and "Sales, Support & Update Service from Magix" and which boxes are ticked.

Charlie, the omissions are tabled here: https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn - very useful - I had missed that.

There is nothing of interest for me in Designer Pro+ except page/column breaks and page numbering. Hardly what I would call "professional" grade features though!

Charlie

That's why I posted, Acorn. Look at the rows "Sales & Support from Xara" and "Sales, Support & Update Service from Magix" and which boxes are ticked.
    oops...
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 August 2022 at 06:24 PM. Reason: fix quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Boy, if you look at the individual Plus products, you'll see they're Xara subscriptions. They're flagged as version 22. Magix do not sell these.

Sloppy copy on Xara's part.

Acorn

Acorn
    did I say oops....
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 August 2022 at 07:16 PM. Reason: fix quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Boy, if you look at the individual Plus products, you'll see they're Xara subscriptions. They're flagged as version 22. Magix do not sell these.

Acorn
    I know that Magix doesn't sell the Plus products. But what a foul-up Xara made, in the first two rows of their chart! It must be a carry-over from an older comparison chart listing Magix products (like the one of XDP and XDP+. Or else they mixed up the product images since Magix offers the same products. Or whatever.