Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mobile Nav Bar Text Not Showing Up

I'm using Xara Web Designer Premium. The mobile nav bar I created a couple of years ago may have been from the Online Content Catalog, I can't remember ... but it worked great for a long while but, at some point, stopped. It's supposed to expand down, black background for the nav bars with light gray text. When you hover or click on a specific bar the background of that bar is supposed to turn blue with light gray text. But the text is no longer showing up for either state (black or the blue). I don't know exactly when it stopped working.

When I look at the NavBar Layer Gallery I don't see a MouseOver Layer that I expected to see for this group ... (it's been a while since this was created and I am out of practice so maybe there shouldn't be one with this widget???). Please see the attached pics for the properties and Layer Gallery. The website is expertconstructioninc.com

Thank you for the help!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile Nav Bar.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	132646 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile Nav Bar Layer Gallery.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	132647

Default Re: Mobile Nav Bar Text Not Showing Up

Alliefan, you appear to have updated the site last on 08 April this year (c.f., Copyright © 2022 Expert Construction, Inc. in the footer).

If you did publish then, it is possible the upload got corrupted.
    I am finding lots (hundreds) of errors of form:
    roe.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: xr_gx is not defined at HTMLDocument.xr_mm (roe.js:1:15117)
    on a hover over the Hamburger icon.

That said the sub-menu text is present with its links, it is just not showing.

You first screenshot is strange in that the NavBar orientation is Horizontal.
    Also NavBars do not need to have a MouseOver component.

It would be a matter of minutes to just rebuild the NavBar afresh.

Sorry there is nothing obvious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn. What I ended up doing in the mean time is updating my Web Designer Premium to Web Designer Premium (19). When I preview my website with the new program the nav bar and entire website show up perfectly. But when I actually export the website, my fonts are all off and the nav bar shows symbols or chinese or something. I've always used FileZilla to upload and with the (19), some of my files will not transfer correctly. I'm so confused and I'm going back to my original program (Web Designer Premium is still installed) and just going to try rebuilding the nav bar as you suggested.

Can you please explain why the (19) version isn't working properly?
    Last edited by Alliefan; 25 August 2022 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    Thank you Acorn. What I ended up doing in the mean time is updating my Web Designer Premium to Web Designer Premium (19). When I preview my website with the new program the nav bar and entire website show up perfectly. But when I actually export the website, my fonts are all off and the nav bar shows symbols or chinese or something. I've always used FileZilla to upload and with the (19), some of my files will not transfer correctly. I'm so confused and I'm going back to my original program (Web Designer Premium is still installed) and just going to try rebuilding the nav bar as you suggested.

Can you please explain why the (19) version isn't working properly?
    Alliefan, if you make a number of design changes and publish one after the other, it is possible that you server is caching and displaying old files, causing font, image and positional muckarounds.
    I don't know who your SP is but I have Cloudflare enabled and I can purge the server caches and get the correct rendering as fast as the upload can offer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Alliefan, instead of publishing your site to your server what happens if to export the site to your local computer and test it from there. Do you still have the same issues?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Acorn ... that makes perfect sense and yes I have uploaded several times trying to get things right. Will clearing the cache in the Chrome browser work?? Should I wait a day or two before uploading again? Also, since I updated to Web Designer Premium (19) should I delete the older version from my pc (I now have both programs showing in my apps list). Just worried if it will cause a conflict and maybe that's the issue.

Egg Bramhill ... Once I updated to Web Designer Premium (19) and tried previewing the website to my local computer the site looks perfect on mobile and the main site. But I tried uploading it and it was a mess with the font and header/footer issues. Maybe there were too many uploads as Acorn mentioned. I'll try clearing the cache and waiting a day to try uploading again.

Also, since I updated to Web Designer Premium (19) should I delete the older version from my pc (I now have both programs showing in my apps list). Just worried if it will cause a conflict and maybe that's the issue.
    No this shouldn't create any issues.

Once I updated to Web Designer Premium (19) and tried previewing the website to my local computer the site looks perfect on mobile and the main site.
    This indicates a server problem. If it worls as expected on your local PC it should also do the same on your server unless your'e using incorrect url links.

Try publishing to a sub folder 'test'. Does the site work correctly as it does on your local PC?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Alliefan, using the browser cache purge, Ctrl+F5, might work. I always check with a different browser. @Egg's subfolder publishing is always useful test.

I would keep the older XDA for a while longer, it won't hurt.

Acorn

Thank you both so much. I've created a Test folder. It will be 24-48 hours before it's active so I can test this. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    Thank you both so much. I've created a Test folder. It will be 24-48 hours before it's active so I can test this. I'll let you know. Thanks again
    Change your service provider!

Acorn