Quote Originally Posted by Tessi View Post
This Thread started on 08/21/22 with: "These sorts of things are always churning through changes".
Now almost 2 years later I would like to ask whether the information on this is still up to date?
I was very pleased with Acorn's simple explanation of how to use it. I tried to answer the question with Google about what the XDA version is and whether I have it with my WebDesigner+.
But I couldn't answer the question -.-

My second question concerns lazy.htm
In the example with lazy.htm, the rectangles with the codes in the placeholders are very far apart. Is that mandatory?
Because if I put ALL of my lazy loaded images of the entire website into the lazy.htm, it will be a very, very long lazy.htm
Tessi, welcome to TalkGraphics.

To find your version, open WD+ and pick Help > About...
For me, I get "Xara Designer Pro+ 23.8.0.68981 SL x64 Apr 3 2024".

Xara has yet to implement loading="lazy" as a user-selectable attribute.

You stack and name your full size images in lazy.htm as you like.
You can place them in Layers for better control but do ensure the layer name is preceded with a exclamation make (e.g., !layer05) so that the images are still published even when the layer is hidden.
I stayed with JPEGs for simplicity but using WebPs would be better when you have 100s of images.

The implementation where the loading="lazy" is used needs that page to be quite long so that those not is the immediate viewport are not fetched.
In other words lazy load those below the fold. Ideal for SmartPhones as scrolling is an easy action to effect.
Scrolling near a lazy image usually then loads that in around 10ms so no one really notices it appearing, it is just there.

The concept is even more use when you have lots of YT videos. It works for IFRAMEs too.

I have never tried it for images that have Xara Web Animations applied so it doesn't solve everything.

Perhaps we should crowdnag Xara to implement it.

Acorn