Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Trying to recreate this pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Animated:
    LINK
    Egg, love it. I had been thinking of strobing colours but yours is more fun.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've enjoyed this thread. I haven't tried to do repeating tiles for some time. Spent a few happy hours experimenting and having fun.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I’ve enjoyed the challenge as well, but so pleased you guys cracked the problem!

The approach I was thinking about was: a) arrange circles, b) intersect all shapes, c) join the parts to form the overlapping shapes. It's quite difficult to get the circles to line up though (maths is not my strong point).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testing1.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	132633

Also ended up with these along the way...

Name:	testing 2.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	132636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testing 3.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	331.4 KB 
ID:	132635

Tried hd's (slightly distorted) version...

Name:	handrawn version.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	132638

and Acorn's...

Name:	acorn version.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	132637

Just when I think I've got my head around things, Egg takes it a step further - excellent!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

@Jono, no matter which way you tried, you achieved some pretty designs and you learned a few techniques along the way.

A number of us tried our hand at seamless SVG tiling a time back. The approaches then are still applicable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wow! Thank you all for your contributions. This is amazing. I really appreciate you all sharing what you've done. Handawn, Egg, Acorn, Jonopen, thank you so much. They are all fantastic!