Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resizing the scale of a printed .pdf file

In my web site, I set a Button to "Link to File: (PDF, AVI, Etc.)".

I also Open The Link in a "New Window or Tab (_Blank)".

My question:

When I choose to print the "name.pdf" file from the new window, it is printed to the full-page size of the printer - (blurred & ugly).

Is there a way I can change the scale of the printed object from within my web site?
    Say scaled down to 25% of the printed area on the page?

Thanks for any help
    Ron

Default Re: Resizing the scale of a printed .pdf file

I think that's in the printer settings ... not the website.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Agreed ss-kalm,

BUT
    "desplaining" how to change the print scale size to a noob could be difficult when all they are really doing is clicking on a "Print" Button. Wasting paper (& color ink) on their part while they experiment using different scales to get an acceptable image. Fortunately, "I" already know the physical size of each individual image & could set the proper print scale for them (if possible). . . . .

Thanks
    Ron

not sure but could you not have a 'print friendly' link to an image at 25%
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Lightbulb Re: Resizing the scale of a printed .pdf file

Ron, PDF presentation is not that easy in a website as you are reliant of what the viewer has set up; some have no viewer and so require a download.
    Setting the scaling for printing is not the same as an initial view setting either. You and your viewers will be fighting it all of the way.

I believe I did suggest losing the PDFs altogether as they are lores scans of text. You need be showing the recipes as text: faster and crisper.
    It would be a larger conversion exercise for 1,600 recipes but worth it. There are companies that do this thing fairly cheaply.

Doing it yourself would be a long job.
    I tried using an online JPEG to TXT conversion then tidied up in Xara:
    Homemade Canadian Bacon.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Thanks, kind of what I figured I was in for . . .
    I think my "solution" will probably end up being simply deleting all of the print picture buttons.

I will screw around with a JPEG to TXT Conversion program.

Thanks for the help
    Ron

Off The Wall Question BTW
    Do you happen to know if Google Analytics keeps statistics for only Chrome users, or for ALL browsers "hits"?