Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Access to a program I purchased Page and Designer in 2014 but only gives me 30 days?

Long time and very happy software owner, love the ease of the software, but I hit a snag.
    I purchased the Xara page and design program way-y-y-y back in 2014 and created a website, used it for upgrades on the site, love the program, but have lost the program (on CD) in a couple of moves. I am now retired and I need to re-do the website to reflect its closed.
    I was able to download a "new" version of the same program that is suppose to allow me to activate it using the original serial number on the purchased product and wonder of wonders, I haven't lost that, however, when it asked me for the serial number and I try to enter it I get a red X and a refusal to move forward.
    I get that this is an old registration, but it should be in the archives somewhere. I have or was pretty active while trying to get the original site up.
    The up side is that it has performed so flawlessly that in the last few years I haven't needed any site updates. But it is a purchased product, not a subscription so I really would like to use it for rebranding the site.
    Web site is AirBornCreations.com and I need a CLOSED sign on each page. I have one on the products page, but people are contacting me again, and I want to let them know I am no longer offering that service.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Ken

Default Re: Access to a program I purchased Page and Designer in 2014 but only gives me 30 da

Quote Originally Posted by Super K View Post
    Long time and very happy software owner, love the ease of the software, but I hit a snag.
    I purchased the Xara page and design program way-y-y-y back in 2014 and created a website, used it for upgrades on the site, love the program, but have lost the program (on CD) in a couple of moves. I am now retired and I need to re-do the website to reflect its closed.
    I was able to download a "new" version of the same program that is suppose to allow me to activate it using the original serial number on the purchased product and wonder of wonders, I haven't lost that, however, when it asked me for the serial number and I try to enter it I get a red X and a refusal to move forward.
    I get that this is an old registration, but it should be in the archives somewhere. I have or was pretty active while trying to get the original site up.
    The up side is that it has performed so flawlessly that in the last few years I haven't needed any site updates. But it is a purchased product, not a subscription so I really would like to use it for rebranding the site.
    Web site is AirBornCreations.com and I need a CLOSED sign on each page. I have one on the products page, but people are contacting me again, and I want to let them know I am no longer offering that service.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Ken
    Ken, you are mistaken that a single purchase gives you free updates forever. You are licensed for your original product unless you bought in for subsequent updates. That is why the activation is failing.

You need to clarify to yourself what you actually have. There is no "Xara page and design program".
    You need to contact Magix with your original activation email and serial number.
    As you bought a CD, Magix might not have your purchase recorded but you may be lucky by checking with https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/.

I would download Xara Web Designer Premium as a trial and update and publish your website with that: https://dl03.magix.com/trial_webdesi...dlm_ze9olw.exe

You still have your original design file?
    If so, some helpful TGer might alter that for you.
    If all else fails, why are you not just killing the site completely?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Access to a program I purchased Page and Designer in 2014 but only gives me 30 da

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ken, you are mistaken that a single purchase gives you free updates forever. You are licensed for your original product unless you bought in for subsequent updates. That is why the activation is failing.

You need to clarify to yourself what you actually have. There is no "Xara page and design program".
    You need to contact Magix with your original activation email and serial number.
    As you bought a CD, Magix might not have your purchase recorded but you may be lucky by checking with https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/.

I would download Xara Web Designer Premium as a trial and update and publish your website with that: https://dl03.magix.com/trial_webdesi...dlm_ze9olw.exe

You still have your original design file?
    If so, some helpful TGer might alter that for you.
    If all else fails, why are you not just killing the site completely?

Acorn
    Thank you for the quick reply,
    I do not have the original CD, but I was able to go to Magix and find the info on date, product and all of the other XARA products I have purchased over the years. I have put in a service request for clarification to see if they can help me and we'll see where this goes. I really like the product, but I don't want to have to pay for it twice since the original purchase wasn't a subscription. As to the Original design files, I believe they were lost in one of the many Computer replacements over the years, and the site was running flawlessly- It was a very esoteric businesses and traffic was not huge- but steady so not much maintenance needed. I retired the company then thought I parked the site. I have been getting more requests for the service so it's time to do something about it. I am retaining the name so killing the site isn't an option other than to gut it and re-brand.
    Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it.
    Ken

@super k. The advantage Ken is some of the new template offerings from Xara. Just visited your site and you would be able to keep your logo, the videos that do appear on YouTube and possibly the images. The store is another matter, but there have been many improvements to on line stores these days to simplify the process. Good luck in the future. Be sure to keep your domain and let us know how you make out.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Super K View Post
    ... go to Magix and find the info on date, product ...
    You should be able to download the original installation files from that same location.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

unfortunately that may not be the case as far back as 2014 - in fact I think it only goes back as far as 2017 since magix took over the support; my products are all listed, but the older ones have no download or activation key
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Although the registration date has been changed to 2017, there are still installation files for earlier versions ...

For example:

A lot depends on what the actual program was ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022.08.12_20h04m08s_001_.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	132596  
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

good to know keith, but for me it stops at P&G 7; I have a feeling it was a data loss when the servers were switched, which may mean not all geographical locations are the same...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I recently asked MAGIX for a download for Xara 3D6, as I wanted to install it on a laptop without a CD/DVD drive.

There reply was "Unfortunately, there is no installation link for this program anymore (as it is already rather out-dated)."

I agree somewhat. Yes, it's rather outdated, but it's only one version removed from the current version.
    Keith

handrawn, thank you for the PM ... I am good thank you. I just had to copy MY CD to a flash drive. It would have been easier with a download though.

I tried to respond to your PM but you seem to have exceeded your storage space.
    Keith