Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paypal widget

Default Paypal widget

I have been trying to paste a generated Paypal code on to a website page. I am not in edit mode. I am in pointer mode. But the code simply comes out as text. It is supposed to produce a Paypal payment button. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Paypal widget

Woody, code is added into the Placeholder of a Shape. It also needs to be wrapped in <script> tags.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Woody, code is added into the Placeholder of a Shape. It also needs to be wrapped in <script> tags.

Acorn
    Can you give an example of this. I've got Designer Premium 19 and the Xara widgets aren't available for a PayPal buy button or cart, etc. They want me to now update to Web Designer + on a subscription base at $100/year in order to use the widgets.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

doane - Designer Premium 19 has got all the features you need and more than you get with Web Designer.

If you go to the PayPal site you can generate the code to create the button you need. Then add this code to a placeholder and when you upload your site the button will be functional.

Because companies like PayPal frequently change their code it is easier just to go directly to PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    Can you give an example of this. I've got Designer Premium 19 and the Xara widgets aren't available for a PayPal buy button or cart, etc. They want me to now update to Web Designer + on a subscription base at $100/year in order to use the widgets.
    XWDP19, as far as I can check does have access to a large number of third-party widget including PayPal.

Is your XDA still in Update Service cover?
    If so, you can get these from OCC > Components > Print & Web Components > eCommerce.

If you have ever used them with any XDA, the download will exist as paypaladdtocart.xwr, paypalbuttons.xwr, paypalbuybutton.xwr & paypalviewcart.xwr.

There is no forced subscription in using these widgets.

Elsewhere I have even shown how you can build and use your own.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat