Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default DIY mobile version?

I started with a simple one-page web template, then added two pages. It published OK and seems to work well.

Then I made a phone (mobile) variant: Utilities/Website variants/Create mobile. I can't get this to work properly. Thoughts?

The single-button example is there, too. Thanks for your response, Acorn.

morehouse4severn.ca

Default Re: DIY mobile version?

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    I started with a simple one-page web template, then added two pages. It published OK and seems to work well.
    Then I made a phone (mobile) variant: Utilities/Website variants/Create mobile. I can't get this to work properly. Thoughts?
    The single-button example is there, too. Thanks for your response, Acorn.
    morehouse4severn.ca
    You need to publish all the website pages. You've just done the index page.

Your Main NavBar is showing page names. You have to untick that option.
    For the Variant, the submenu options are where you change the font size.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You need to publish all the website pages. You've just done the index page.

Your Main NavBar is showing page names. You have to untick that option.
    For the Variant, the submenu options are where you change the font size.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn; that works. The whole website now works perfectly on my Android phone but not on others. Hmm... I'll poke around a bit more and see if I can resolve this issue.

Thanks, Acorn; that works. The whole website now works perfectly on my Android phone but not on others. Hmm... I'll poke around a bit more and see if I can resolve this issue.
    Have you tried Scale to fit width? Your Xara version is flagged as 12 so you won't have it that far back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Have you tried Scale to fit width? Your Xara version is flagged as 12 so you won't have it that far back.

Acorn
    I don't understand "flagged as 12." Do you mean "Web page properties/Export/Scale to fit?" Presently set to "Don't scale."

I don't understand "flagged as 12." Do you mean "Web page properties/Export/Scale to fit?" Presently set to "Don't scale."
    In your TG Profile, you say you're using version 12.
    Scale to fit is an old approach that is really for pages that fit the screen without scrolling.

Acorn

In your TG Profile, you say you're using version 12.
    Scale to fit is an old approach that is really for pages that fit the screen without scrolling.

Acorn
    Profile should read: Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3, 2022. Oops!