Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default About Error 3985kpats

Hello,

When I share table objects with variants, software giving "Internal Program Error 3985.k.pa.ts." message. What is this? And why? (I attached the screenshot)

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	132574  

Default Re: About Error 3985kpats

Hi Notrino,

Internal program errors are unkown to us mere mortals only Xara developers could tell you what this is. However delete the table and save and close the file. Re-open it and hopefully the error won't show again. Try reinstating the table and see what happens. Get back to us.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Notrino,

Internal program errors are unkown to us mere mortals only Xara developers could tell you what this is. However delete the table and save and close the file. Re-open it and hopefully the error won't show again. Try reinstating the table and see what happens. Get back to us.
    Hi Egg Bramhill,

Unfortunately, the problem continues.

Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by notrino View Post
    Hello,

When I share table objects with variants, software giving "Internal Program Error 3985.k.pa.ts." message. What is this? And why? (I attached the screenshot)

Thanks
    This is a bug in Xara Pro Xv19 and easy to replicate. Import Table02 (or drag & drop from the Designs Gallery) > the table correctly appears in the layout. But attempt to share it with all variants and you get the error message you refer to. The same error applies to other tables too.

Not ideal, but complete the table in one variant, then copy and paste it to the others. This error may be fixed in Pro+ and the new Web Designer +?
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Gary, just tried it in XaraPro+ and didn't get any errors on creating a mobile variant, how ever the table does update between the variants so it's not much use, your still better off using your method.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Gary, just tried it in XaraPro+ and didn't get any errors on creating a mobile variant, how ever the table does update between the variants so it's not much use, your still better off using your method.
    Egg, I believe you meant 'doesn't'. However, you are not getting the error as the XDA does not actually Share between Variants; it is actually copied.

If you delete the Variant Copy, select Share... of the Table on Main, you get an error.
    It is a great advance as it is now 3986.k.pa.ts!

The trick is to self-group the Table then Share Across Variants.
    The Tables are then connected and will update each other for Text changes.

Any of the 'SmartTable' operations still fail but at least you still have limited text changes without a complaint.

I can see the logic that a SmartTable layout might need differences across variants and that Xara is preventing sharing but to just drop an error message is very poor coding and testing.
    Xara needs to review it Help detail: https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...-variants.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat