Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: FAERY DAZE

Ah well, had to play some more with the 3D...I'm sooooo ashamed ...NOT.

Remember, no matter how your "daze" go there is always magik to be discovered.
    ---Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faery_daze_sm.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	8727  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Ah well, had to play some more with the 3D...I'm sooooo ashamed ...NOT.

Remember, no matter how your "daze" go there is always magik to be discovered.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Oooooo, petty!! I love faries, of course that might be because I'm a fairy of sorts!!

I crack myself up sometimes!!

I love the nose Maya, did you morph her or is she a texture and morph set or what?? Where is the rest of her, is she naked or something?? I need some water, I've been at this character creation thing too long!!

Oh dear.............. *thud* there I go again..........
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Excellent charater - you've caught the moment of shock and surprise.

As with Richard I'd love to know how much was involved in the texture of the skin? Is it a texture thing/ a lighting thing or the mix?

The only thing that makes me stare at it longer (think that was your intention but I'll fall for it and ask) is, the light thing she is looking at it looks like it's in front of her and she is staring at it ready to touch it, but at the same time it looks like it is shining distanly from the trees behind her and she is just staring past the camera - cool, intentional or not.

Turan

PS started playing with DAZ last night - tried to incorporate some free stuff I got, but got know where - this stuff takes a bit of getting used to. I know DAZ is not your area Maya, but there was inj files and dz2 files and aaaaahh

Thanks Richard! I'm laughing with you! You soooooo funny.
    Well, this little gal is actually a combo of things. First this is Stephanie (the original one not SP3---I have found that although the newest versions of SP3, V3, and M3 are very cool there are still many features and looks in the original characters and their morphs that I prefer at times...they are very different) and yes, she's been morphed quite a bit obviously. Her transformation is in part due to a texture set from DAZ for her costume and some of the face. I have changed her skin texture, her nose, and the lower part of the face though. The skin coloring is also changed. The Goth red shade of hair is from the Arizona hair textures originally but I darkened it and added a bit of noise to it. The skin texture also I added noise to in order to take off some of the sheen and I also did some post work in PS on the background and shading here and there on her costume (yes, she's fully clothed). The little magik sprite was added with PS and yes, she's mesmerized by it -- it is there and yet not, she's knows not whether to, or how to catch it.
    Glad you enjoyed this one, Richard!

Thanks, too, Turan! Yeah the skin texture I enhanced as explained to Richard and also use of lighting has a major effect on the textures, plus the highlights.

Keep learning with the DAZ...you can handle C4D so you will catch on to the quirks of these other aps. They are just different, but once you find your way around with it you will have loads of fun and be surprised at all you can create with it. You can work with the 3D people, change or morph them as you please, then add them to other works you've created with C4D. Another way to add them also would be to light them to match a C4D scene and then with postwork add their image with PS...many ways to work with all of this. Remember, though, take your time, have fun!
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain

Hi Turan,

Please email me if you want and I'll put together a quick and dirty tutorial for learning the interface if you want. I'm not all that familiar with the native DAZ files as I work with Poser content within DAZ Studio (yea, it supports both formats! NICE!)

Gotta go, at work right now!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks for the thoughts Maya.

Richard, thanks for the suggestion - checked out your profile to e-mail you, but your e-mail is not here. Nice Bio by the way.

Still strugglying with DAZ - keeps crashing when I go to render (not that I've done much to render yet) - I had changed some render options so will probably have to go for an uninsatll - re-install.

Turan

Kinda strange that TG doesn't offer a way for someone to get to someones WWW address. I have my email address there hidden in the Contact Me buttons at the bottoms of most of the pages!!

My web address is now added to my sig line!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---