Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bulk optimize images for website

This is not for use with Xara Web Designer - using another program.

I have found that opening images in Xara and then exporting as WebP format works well for a much-reduced size that still looks good for a website. Is there a way to do this in batch or multiple images at a time? I have a few dozen images from a customer to add to a web gallery. Would like to change the format/size with a group at a time.

Thanks!

Default Re: Bulk optimize images for website

The only way I can think of is to use Xara :-)

I am not sure if this will work but it's worth a try.

Import all the photos into a Xara web document. Then select Include WebP Images in the main page in Web Properties.

Export the website to a folder on your desktop. The WebP images will be in the index_htm_files folder.

You can convert to webP with xnviewmp in batch.

... and PaintShop Pro 2022.

Like haakoo says, XMP does a great job. An other way is Photopea, an online Bitmap-Editor. It's free. https://www.photopea.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard 1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	132573

To embellish the Xara approach.

Using the Image > Image Filenaming of all images in the same batch, give them all the same name at the same time.
    You can include a soft-group and then do this so there is no chance of an accidental overlap.

If you call them all 'Batch' then they will gain names 'Batch.webp', 'Batch-1.webp', 'Batch-2.webp', ...

If they have to have unique filenames (press the Use photo filename button) then you should put each collation into a separate layer and hide them all.
    Only show a layer at a time and Export Website for each in turn.

You can use the free IrfanView for batch renaming and conversion, as licensed for personal use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    This is not for use with Xara Web Designer - using another program.

I have found that opening images in Xara and then exporting as WebP format works well for a much-reduced size that still looks good for a website. Is there a way to do this in batch or multiple images at a time? I have a few dozen images from a customer to add to a web gallery. Would like to change the format/size with a group at a time.

Thanks!
    I have a copy of PaintShop Pro installed (never used it) and found that is has a bulk feature. Easily selects a group of images, add watermark, resize, rename, change format, and then export to a new folder. Thanks for the replies. Would prefer this same batch function in Xara since that is my always graphics app.