Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lightbulb Re: Let's start this up again

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I would not even begin to know where to start in a 3D program.
    Gary, I too have limited experience but try to follow the stages in this set of documentation: https://doc.babylonjs.com/journey/theFirstStep.

Whatever you create, we can include into a Xara website design.
    Unpack and run Skull.zip.
    I put the 3D skull in a pop-up layer so you can time how long it takes to load.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Let's start this up again

Seriously, oG, you already own a fair starting tool, the Extrude tool.

Making interesting shapes, first of all, is easier if you pose the object in perspective, so you can see parts of all three facing sides. Second, the extrude doesn't need to be the depth axis. For example, to create a tube. extrude the letter "o", and then rotate it to the extrude is facing the viewer "up and down". Here are some shapes done only using the Extrude tool..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simple extrude.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	132689

Because the Extrude tool doesn't "self-shadow" objects, you need to add trhem yourself, usually with Transparency in Multiply mode.

Here are other examples, and if there is an interest, I'll post the base profiles, and some of the finished pieces to goof around with.

Name:	creative extrudes.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	132690

A lot of the key to success is "seeing" in 3D, which is simpler than you'd think because already do this! Now, CREATE in 3D rather than just viewing it.

I hope there are no "tricks"or anything I've done here. It's just challenge after challenge as to how a shape in the real world can be expressed in the virtual world using shapes and the Extrude tool.

My Best,

Gary

Odd as it is, I am someone who creates 3D images with a totally 2D brain. Try to extrude that!

I tried and no joy.

Unless you can feel it, oG.

Name:	extruded brain.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	132692