Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Let's start this up again

Gary, in your unintended absence, I have met my own 'mind-blowing' experience with https://doc.babylonjs.com.

The effort put into the tutorials is brilliant and the ability to alter and tweak to destruction, brilliant.
    A small example: https://playground.babylonjs.com/#7G0IQW.

Meshes can be imported from Blend

I've managed getting some of them to run in a Xara website but I am still experimenting...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm very weak, but getting better, George. Thank you for sharing what looks like a totally awesome, off-the-charts piece of geometry and animation capabilities.

Did I get it right? :)

I have something far less ambitious, but a core capability of Xara, that at very least should be entertaining/educational. That's what I do. :)

My Best,

Gary

P.S. This is something I worked on because COVID caught up with us. Rather bucolic and boring, isn't it? Simple subjects and compositions can be harder to pull off than fantasy stuff, because it has its roots in reality, that, with the exception of a few politicians, is what we live in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vegetables 2022.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	132682

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Simple subjects and compositions can be harder to pull off than fantasy stuff, because it has its roots in reality, that, with the exception of a few politicians, is what we live in.

Name:	Vegetables 2022.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	132682
    Not that I think you were poking at me with the fantasy comment. While some of my work is waaay over the top, nearly all of it is tied to reality in some way. Fantasy doesn't work if you cannot get past a suspension of disbelief, and to accomplish that, there needs to be a tie to reality. Consider my last fantasy illustration posted in my thread, which I happen to have tweaked last night and in the last few hours of rendering the final image now. It's a cluster of asteroids held together by the webs of massive spiders living in space. If you can accept the notion that lifeforms can live in open space, even perhaps some kind of alien spider, then seeing the science of using strong webs to hold asteroids together makes some kind of sense. Someone suggested - wouldn't it be cool of trails of webbings hundreds of miles long connected the spider's nest to nearby larger asteroids to create large web nets to catch passing small asteroids, and potentially passing starships - to make for an interesting threat to adventurers. The webbing shown in the illustration looks real, despite it being fantasy.

It takes a lot of contemplation, between imagination and what is acceptable to others' realities. Not every fantasy works, unless it's intrinsically tied to reality somehow.

wot ?

do you own the definition of fantasy... I don't think so
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No, and am certainly suggesting that. Rather, I continue to post fantasy content regularly on the boards, and thought it might have reflected my work - although I certainly don't know that for certain, hence why I hinted that it could be the case... I'd say the majority of 3D content isn't strictly for fantasy. Most of the world's engineering today is done in 3D first, for example.

I draw cartoons - most of it is political, all of it is fantasy, all of it is rooted in the real world

more routed in the real world I would suggest than guys living out life-escaping fantasy with role playing games

of course that is only my opinion...

why do you think Gary should be negative to your work - your work is excellent within it's context...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't think Gary think's negatively. Some may think that working in fantasy is some kind of design choice to avoid reality. I was just saying that fantasy must be directly tied to reality in some way, otherwise any suspension of disbelief regarding a fantasy scene requires that sense of realism, or it generally fails.

Hi GamePrinter—

I was poking at absolutely no one. I'm very careful how I phrase a comment; I wrote that simple compositions *can* be harder to pull off, not "or", or even "should".

I do plenty of fantasy compositions, and abstract, anywhere my skills and imagination can take me.

Please forgive my comments if you feel I was specifically knocking a genre, I'm not. I'm still a little woozy from COVID and perhaps I should resist posting until I'm feeling more together.

Here's to unreal :)

Name:	LightBulbMoon - A Fabulous Excuse.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	132685

—g

My life is a fantasy. I do not exist IRL.

Also I would not even begin to know where to start in a 3D program.

You could begin reality by subscribing to the NYT, oG.

Oog