Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web design in xara designer 19 - tables

Hi folks, just another annoying problem with the smart table ( one in particular) from the online catalogue. I use the one that has pictures embedded in the first column. The problem is that if I change the pictures from the bitmap gallery then want to add another or duplicate a row if I then change the picture from the bitmap gallery the duplicated row's picture is also changed to the new bitmap.
    Driving me crazy. Anyone else had the same experience?

Help

Ken

Default Re: Web design in xara designer 19 - tables

Ken, when you Duplicate Row, if you then select the new row image then in the Bitmap gallery you can right-click and Apply as fill.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Web design in xara designer 19 - tables

Hi Acorn, thanks for the tip and apologies for late reply. I tried what you said and it appears that if you use the add row option then using the fill from the bitmap gallery as suggested then you have an independent row. If you use the pull left and ctrl key ( other option to duplicate the row) then the new bitmap option as fill or drop in still changes the pic on the original as well.
    Seems to be a bit of a quirk with the table settings but with your help can now side step it.
    Thanks again for sage advice

Ken